cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Notifications Issues

pbaierl
1-Newbie

Notifications Issues

I am using gmail to send out my notifications.  The issue I am running into is that I can't send out all of the notifications I need per unit without getting locked out for a period of time.

It is possible that we could have several 100 to several 1000 units in the field very quickly.  Each unit can be setup to have unique notifications (user defined) however, if 100+ notifications are triggered too quickly google sees the access to the account as a hacking attempt and locks the account for a period of time.  This causes notifications to be missed.

Is there a way to prevent this from happening?

Thanks,

Paul

2 REPLIES 2
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:pbaierl)

Have your own mail server will solve that issue or commercial google account perhaps might resolve it as well (not sure since you are initiating the email from a 'third party'.

Besides lowering the security setting on the google account there is not much else you can do I believe.

I have tried using our own server (Microsoft exchange server) but I wasn't able to get this working as desired.  I was only able to send messages to a specific (@hedonline.com)

If I tried another email account I would get the response that there was an invalid email account entered in the to field.

Top Tags