cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

how to use xy chart, can i join the XY points on the chart

sred
1-Newbie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:Michail)

I've submitted an enhancement request, PSPT-3346. Corresponding article, https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS256567&lang=en_US Will update this post and the article when/if the feature is implemented.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
ttielebein
12-Amethyst
(To:sred)

Hello, which chart are you asking about? What exactly do you mean by joining points?

Thanks!

Tori

Tori Tielebein, I think he meant XY Chart, namely to be able to plot a line between two points (like in the pic below; orange lines were drawn in paint). The question is relevant to me as well. Thanks.

posipova
20-Turquoise

mnudel​ XY chart is a scatter plot chart, so the feature of connecting the points with a line is not available. Perhaps a time series chart would suit your requirements better. Please find information in  the helpcenter: http://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx_hc/thingworx_7_hc/#page/ThingWorx_Core_Help_Center%2FThingWorxHelpCenterDITAFiles%2FMashupBuilder%2FWidgets%2FWidgetTypes%2FXYChartWidget.html

Thanks for confirming this. It would make a great feature; particularly useful when plotting phasor diagrams. no luck.

posipova
20-Turquoise

I can submit an enhancement request on your behalf. Please keep in mind that the enhancement request delivery is not guaranteed, and is looked/prioritized according to the demand and R&D availability/workload. Alternatively, you may look into a custom widget development - let me know if you would like me to attach some documentation.

That would be great. Thank you Polina! It is a fairly standard feature (pic below) which would enable us to handle vectors.

posipova
20-Turquoise

I've submitted an enhancement request, PSPT-3346. Corresponding article, https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS256567&lang=en_US Will update this post and the article when/if the feature is implemented.

zyuan1
18-Opal

As mentioned that XY chart is a scatter plot chart, and it's actually not easy to automatic understand how will the User wants to connect every point. In general the line should go only in one direction, to the Right side, like what Time series chart would do. But by giving data that meets the formula: X^2 + Y^2 =4, I might want to draw a circle from it, because if I want a wave-shaped chart from same data set, I could use Line Chart instead.

For general usage we have Line chart, bar chart and others, so the XY chart here might be designed to draw pictures like Circles, Rectangular and other special shapes, or to be used as distribution chart for business analysis, and that might be why we don't have lines between each and every points in the first place  [This is how I suggest to use the XY charts]

aagarwal
1-Newbie

Hi,

I had already tried this feature and i was able to join the points. For this you need to log your data in the stream and then using querypropertyhistory service you can plot that logged data on the xy-chart.xy-chart.PNG

Anupriya Agarwal​, how would you handle negative values on the x-axis? This may seem like a workaround, but won't suit my application.  Ryan Yuan​,  there are plenty of algorithms available to do this sort of stuff, including curves and complex plane. One would have thought that CAD software giant like PTC would have something like this under their belt.

horphi
3-Visitor

Hello,

is the solution Jira PSPT-3346 already in sight?

Top Tags