cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Animation is getting lost after saving the project

SoretteMichel
12-Amethyst

Animation is getting lost after saving the project

Hi everyone,

I'm creating expériences using pvz and pvi files to generate animations. No issue during the creation process. I can declare the pvz model and pvi sequence without any issue but as soon as i save the project, the reference to the sequence is getting lost and i cannot select it in the scolldown menu anymore. I have to remove the model and recreate it from scratch, then bind again my toggle buttons actions on the model.

PVI_LOST.jpg

Any help is greatly appreciated,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ankigupta
5-Regular Member
(To:SoretteMichel)

Hi Michel,

Could you please remove the uploaded .pvi files and then choose the Sequence URL from the dropdown. The associated .pvi files shows in the dropdown without uploading it in resources. It seems that some name conflict occurs on adding the same .pvi files manually.

I hope it help.

Thanks,

Ankit Gupta

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
ankigupta
5-Regular Member

Michel Sorette​,

Could you please confirm the Studio version you are on.

Do you see the .pvz file in the Resources in the left pane. Does the .pvz file gets removed from the resources too after save?

Try adding the file to resources first then press save and then try to use it in your project.

Hi

I noticed this comportment in the previous version but it still occur in 1.9

Yes, the pvz file is still available in the ressources after the save (all pvz are still there btw - std, low, med, high). So are the pvi files.

always load them first then use them.

To make sure, i just tried again  : i loaded all the ressources first, then saved, then used them, then saved again.

Again, the pvi disapear from the sequence url entry field and it's not available anymore to be selected.

If i publish it straight after finishing the setup, in 1.9, the published experience can play the sequence but the pvi file has disapeared from the entry field.

Hi Michel,

are the files something you can share (privately)?

There's a chance it's resource related and I'd like trying to reproduce this on my environment.

You can send me a private message here as well to exchange details.

Cheers

/Michael

Hi Michael,

Sorry for my late reply, i had travel abroad last week. I can for sure share the dataset if it help. I'm also available for a webex.

Best regards,

ankigupta
5-Regular Member

Hi Michel,

Could you please remove the uploaded .pvi files and then choose the Sequence URL from the dropdown. The associated .pvi files shows in the dropdown without uploading it in resources. It seems that some name conflict occurs on adding the same .pvi files manually.

I hope it help.

Thanks,

Ankit Gupta

That's it. Thanks !

I couldn't remove the pvi files from the uploaded ressources (remove => OK but still available in the list) so i created a new pvz file. Everything runs perfectly now.

Thanks again for your help.

Top Tags