cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

While installing Tomcat on RH Linux 7.0 I am facing problem while executing this command

ashaheryar
1-Newbie

While installing Tomcat on RH Linux 7.0 I am facing problem while executing this command

sudo cp ~/.keystore /usr/share/tomcat8/8.0.33/conf/

sudo chown root:tomcat8 /usr/share/tomcat8/8.0.33/conf/.keystore

sudo chmod 640 /usr/share/tomcat8/8.0.33/conf/.keystore

and the output is :,

cp: cannot stat /home/admin/.keystore: No such file or directory

6 REPLIES 6
posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:ashaheryar)

Are you logged into a local or a remote machine? Can you verify that the .keystore is actually located in your root directory? Seems like the copy command is failing as it can't find the keystore file in ~/ (which resolves to /home/admin)

how keystore will be generated ?

posipova
20-Turquoise

Per the installation guide, you have to create a self signed certificate first:

23. Create self-signed certificate: $ $JAVA_HOME/bin/keytool -genkey -alias tomcat8 -keyalg RSA

Also note that .keystore is by nature a hidden file, so you will need to use the -a switch when looking for it. For example: ls -la to list directory contents including hidden files.

ankigupta
5-Regular Member

Akbar Uddin Shaheryar​, Please check following article for details on how to setup ssl in ThingWorx.

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS193947&lang=en_US

Akbar,

Any update on this? Were any of the posts in the discussion helpful? If so, could you click on the "correct answer" or "mark as helpful" button and let us know?

Top Tags