cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

How to assign a role to File Upload widget? Only the Administrator should be able to upload and see the file.

adityaku
1-Newbie

How to assign a role to File Upload widget? Only the Administrator should be able to upload and see the file.

I have to give privilege that only Administrator only should be able to access, view or upload the file in the File upload widget.

Or is there any other widget in which we can perform the above thing?

4 REPLIES 4

For instance you can create a FileRepository to whom Administrator it's the only user with permissions. The widget in itself doesn't grants/denies the access to the FileRepository.

Beyond that you can use the CurrentUser to determine the Group of the User (GetGroups) to then drive either visibility of the Widget or even the name of the Mashup that a user will see. And drive the Menu items.

Hi Pai,

Yes, but that doesn't blocks to a "expert" user to be able to enter on the files through REST API...

Carles.

Correct, that's why I liked your answer

And that's why I said 'beyond'

Functionality should be properly secured first, but you can then tailor the UI so that people will only see functionality that they can use.

It would be rather frustrating for a user to get a file upload widget but not be able to upload

Top Tags