cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Queries related to Thingworx

bmarimuthu-2
1-Newbie

Queries related to Thingworx

I have some queries  in Thingworx.

1) Can we host thingworx application in IIS?

2) How can we integrate thingworx with .net code/framework?

please guide me!!

11 REPLIES 11

Hi Bavithraa, it's not possible to host ThingWorx OOTB on IIS. You can use the official .Net SDK to connect to ThingWorx, here's quick reference guide for the same ThingWorx Edge .NET SDK and you can download the SDK from PTC Software Download page

Hi Sushant, I already have thingworx with Java JDK > But for my project i want to integrate asp.net with thingworx. In that case do I need to install thingworx again with .net SDK??

No you don't have to reinstall ThingWorx, if at all its the installation of DotNet SDK which will connect to ThingWorx. If you already have Java SDK installed, i believe it should not interfere as these are two different SDKs

I am not able to download from PTC Software Download page . The access was denied. Is there any other way to make it out right??

Bavithraa, do you have access to support.ptc.com? You'll need that to download the software from PTC Software download page.

Okay Sushant. Thanks for your help!!

I ll check this and let u know

Bavithraa,

Any update on this? Was Sushant Pandey's post helpful? If so, could you click on the "correct answer" or "mark as helpful" button and let us know?

Hi,

I have access to the support.ptc.com, still I'm unable to download the software. It says, "Access Denied - Insufficient Privileges"

Hi,

You need some privileges on your PTC account, maybe discuss with administrator for this account or open a case to PTC and ask to give you permissions for downloading software.

Thank you,

Raluca Edu

Sushant!! Is there any other way around to deploy my thingworx reports in IIS? Besides Tomcat server, is it possible to host in IIS with different ports?

Any external plugins??

Bavithraa, at this point IIS is not supported. The only supported way of deploying the ThingWorx is on Apache Tomcat.

Sorry I'm not quite clear what you mean by

Any external plugins??

Top Tags