cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Incorrect Credentials on Login Form

mfelton
1-Newbie

Incorrect Credentials on Login Form

Hi,

No matter what user account I use, i cannot login and this error message is displayed:

"Credentials do not match a valid username-password combination for this Organization. Please try again."

I have created a Organisation and can load the login form correctly, I have also added members which were custom groups (Directors, Admins & Users)  which each contain user accounts & have tried adding individual users to see if the problem was with the groups.

I have also set the organisation Home Mashup.

Any help with this would be appreciated as i feel I'm missing something obvious!

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Aanjan
9-Granite
(To:mfelton)

Looking at the error, it straight up looks like it thinks the user you are logging in with is not associated with the Organization. Is this a clean install or did you upgrade from a previous version? Can you possibly do a full export of your entities/ data, reinstall Thingworx and reimport? Normally, you don't need to do this export/ reinstall/ reimport process, but unfortunately this doesn't look like a usual scenario.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
posipova
20-Turquoise

Do you have a custom authenticator set up?

What version of thingworx?

Hi Polina,

I do not have a custom authenticator set up, Do i need one of those?

and its Thingworx Composer 7.2.1

posipova
20-Turquoise

No you don't need it, I was just wondering if the problem is being caused by a custom auth.

Just to clarify, you see the error when entering login/password credentials for a user in the organization form? Can you login to the composer directly with the same username/password combination?

Could you please attach the application log to this thread (can be obtained in ThingworxStorage/logs/ on your harddrive)?

Thanks Polina,

Yes you are correct that i can log into the composer as the user and this is only on the company login form.

I have attached the application log as instructed.

posipova
20-Turquoise

I've attached two entities, a user - TestUser with password "test", and an organization TestOrg that contains that user. Could you please import the user first, then organization, then go to http://localhost/Thingworx/FormLogin/TestOrg​ (please not the link might be different depending on what port/server your Thingworx is installed on) and try to login? What do you see?

Still the same problem, no joy with logging in!

Credentials do not match a valid username-password combination for this Organization. Please try again.
posipova
20-Turquoise

I've sent you a private message on the further troubleshooting steps. I will update this thread once we have some clearing.

Aanjan
9-Granite

Matt, assuming you still have the 'Users' group (as Members) in the default 'Everyone' Organization, can you try going to ip_address/Thingworx/FormLogin and log in as any user (preferably as Administrator)?

mfelton
1-Newbie
(To:Aanjan)

So correction, the form login does work, but only if I'm currently logged into the composer (as administrator) on the browser I'm opening the login form with.

It is when i try to log in on an incognito browser straight from the login I'm having the issue... Aanjan, the everyone login also does not work without already being logged in as admin.

Aanjan
9-Granite

Is the 'Users' group part of the 'Everyone' Organization? Can you please try opening an incognito/ private window (on Firefox or Chrome), navigate to your FormLogin page, open up the browser tools by hitting the F12 key, switch to the 'Network'  tab, go back to your FormLogin page and try logging in. Now switch back to the dev tools, right click on one of the rows and save all as HAR and attach that here.

mfelton
1-Newbie

Yes the users group is a part of the everyone organisation,

Have done as asked and attached, thanks for your help.

Aanjan
9-Granite

Looking at the error, it straight up looks like it thinks the user you are logging in with is not associated with the Organization. Is this a clean install or did you upgrade from a previous version? Can you possibly do a full export of your entities/ data, reinstall Thingworx and reimport? Normally, you don't need to do this export/ reinstall/ reimport process, but unfortunately this doesn't look like a usual scenario.

mfelton
1-Newbie

So, I reinstalled, The login now works, however I did notice an error before and after the reinstall. When adding an organisation to the visibility I get an error message stating 'Error retrieving Organization (ABC_Company_Org):' This is the same for all organisations, the only thing i can do after this is to add the entire organisation as it doesn't retrieve the organisation diagram. Could this have been the cause of the error before?

posipova
20-Turquoise

Most likely it was, and then it makes sense that the form login was not working as the organizations were (at least partially) corrupted somehow.

Top Tags