cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

License issue on install CreoIllustrate

kschaefe
1-Newbie

License issue on install CreoIllustrate

As part of the Thingworx-Studio Pilot program istallation, i installed CreoIllustrate 3.1 based on the "StudioGettingStarted_Trial" description.

Installation was successfull. On the Creo Illustrate Startup screen i define the license file path and press "Start"... but the Startup screen appears again.

I'm not able to Start the application.

any ideas?

9 REPLIES 9
dupatel
19-Tanzanite
(To:kschaefe)

Klaus Schaefe​ - Thank you for posting the issue to Community and I am checking on the issue.

Durgesh Patel I am having a similar issue.  There is no Creo Illustrate option available when I try to install the software after registering the license.

I've included a snippet:

Any help is appreciated.

dupatel
19-Tanzanite
(To:bjackson1)

Brent jackson​: Could you please confirm you are following steps mentioned to obtain Creo licence file.

Obtaining PTC Creo Illustrate Licenses

1. If you do not already have a ptc.com account, you will need to register for one

at: https://support.ptc.com/appserver/common/account/createAccount.jsp

2. Use the PTC Installation Assistant to retrieve and install a license by

downloading and running https://free-dl.ptc.com/install/setup.exe.

Please refer section 5 for detail on instruction- Obtaining and Installing PTC Creo Illustrate of Getting Started with Thingworx Studio.

Do let me know if you still have issues or questions.

-Durgesh

That is correct.  I have two licenses registered however.  Could that be causing an issue?

Usually, the License summary section shows one dat (file), in my case it only showed the VS..._license.dat file. Did you try removing the first one? It is recommended to have "VS42..._license.dat" file in C:\ProgramData\PTC\Licensing\ directory, if you see a dat file with other name try deleting (backup) that file and restart the application.

I tried that, no luck

That sounds odd, reluctant to suggest this but if possible can you try re-installing the application by completely deleting the old persistent files?

Hi,

I'm still having issues with this.  I just haven't been using it.  Any more ideas?

pwright1
4-Participant
(To:bjackson1)

I see that this was never resolved. I'm having the same issue on a Windows VM. Have installed Creo Illustrate a number of times successfully, but on this machine the license verification dialogue refuses to let the application launch.

Have verified an exact match between the physical address listed in the license.dat file, and the physical address of its ethernet adapter. No errors are reported, the form simply reappears with no change on submission. 

Any ideas?

Top Tags