cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Data store unknown error

rkandasamy
1-Newbie

Data store unknown error

Hi Team,

I am getting data store unknown error in my create asset service which includes many querying, updating data tables and all.

Let me know if any of you have idea to resolve the below error from happening,

Execution error in service script [AssetUtility CreateAsset] : Wrapped java.lang.Exception: Unable to create thing: TestDeviceAsset_123456780000000 : [1,018] Data store unknown error: [Error occurred while accessing the model provider.] Cause: Unable to create thing: TestDeviceAsset_123456780000000 : [1,018] Data store unknown error: [Error occurred while accessing the model provider.]

7 REPLIES 7

Is this in the Asset Manager? Have you tried restarting Tomcat and seeing if the error persists? Are you manually creating this asset or using the bulk upload feature?

Hi,

I am dynamically creating the thing in a service call.Sometimes restarting tomcat helps.

But wanted to know the reason for the same to avoid issues.

posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:rkandasamy)

Is your database connection persistent? What database are you using (postgresql, neo4j, h2,..)?

we are using Postgres. Sometimes we also get the following error,

An error occurred while removing the entry from the database.

[message: [1,018]

Data store unknown error: [Error occurred while accessing the model provider.]]

posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:rkandasamy)

Is your database set up on the same server as your thingworx or external/separate? It does seem like a poor database connection.

What version of Thingworx are you using, including the service pack number?

Rdhakrishnan,

Any update on this? Were any of the posts in the discussion helpful? If so, could you click on the "correct answer" or "mark as helpful" button and let us know?

Do we have any update on this. How to resolve this issue. I am getting Entity not found but I know entity is there. When we bounce platform it show this in composer.

Top Tags