cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Is there a way to get ThingWorx re-generate the alert if the alert hasn't been acknowledged after a certain amount of time?

mbereket
3-Visitor

Is there a way to get ThingWorx re-generate the alert if the alert hasn't been acknowledged after a certain amount of time?

So, we would like to let user know once more if they haven't acknowledged their alerts after 8 hours. Is it possible to do with using only ThingWorx functionality?

I can write my services and do it my own way, but if there is a way to re-generate alerts after a certain time, that would save a lot of time and work.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:mbereket)

There is no out of the box ready functionality for this, however, what you might do is write a custom service with some variable that gets toggled once the alert is acknowledged. Then you might implement a timer set for 8 hours and have it go off if the variable was not changed. You may reuse the same alert subscribtion. I'm sure there are other ways to go around this in a similar manner, this is just one I can immediately  think of.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
posipova
20-Turquoise

There is no out of the box ready functionality for this, however, what you might do is write a custom service with some variable that gets toggled once the alert is acknowledged. Then you might implement a timer set for 8 hours and have it go off if the variable was not changed. You may reuse the same alert subscribtion. I'm sure there are other ways to go around this in a similar manner, this is just one I can immediately  think of.

Thanks Polina,

Do you think doing it through "subscriptions" on thingshapes would be a good idea?

posipova
20-Turquoise

I don't see why it would be a bad idea, one thing to keep in mind though in case applicable -- currently there is no way to add a subscription to a Thing Shape or a Thing Template programmatically (via a service/API).

Okay, I will keep that in mind. Thanks again!

Top Tags