cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Mashup - Grid doesnot display all entries in table.

vshanmugavelayu
9-Granite

Mashup - Grid doesnot display all entries in table.

I am fetching data from DB using sql script and when i use Grid Widget to display content, the final mashup displays ONLY few of more than 500 rows. how to fix this?

11 REPLIES 11

Hi Varunraj, how many rows are you pulling from the DB?

Hi Sushant, thanks for the reply!

I have total of around 500 rows. and I could see may be half of it in mashup.

Could you share some detail on how you are pulling all the values in the Grid, i am assuming via a SQL Query directly onto the Grid? Are you applying any sort of filter?

Just to confirm when you test the service directly do you get to see more rows than what you see in the Grid Widget?

Sushant,

I include a service that execute a query on Data Table and pull all entries.

Another good catch from you about testing the service; When I directly test the service, I get some entries and finally the below text.

"More results ... use mashup to see more results or look in browser 'Network' tab in development tools."

From which DB are you pulling the Data? Could you also share the configuration that you have done for connecting to that DB? If you are simply running select on full table, i hope somehow the connection doesn't timeout or stop. The message you see while testing the SQL service is generic so that doesn't highlight anything about the issue you have, it was simply to test.

I hope somehow the connection doesn't timeout while pulling x number of rows from the database, also just wanted to mention here that is that really an requirement to pull all 500+ rows in the mashup?

You can trace the activities in the mashup to see if it encounter any error by starting the trace , once you enable the trace make sure to reload the page and then you can stop tracing

Sushant, Thanks again for reaching back.

I am fetching data from IBM AS 400 database. I just increased the MaxLimit on the service that fetch the Data to 5000 (of course I do not have more than 500 entries) and now I am able to see all entries in Mashup. I still face difficulty in manipulating the data shown in table and am still working on it.

Hi Warunraj,

As Sushant noted, you need to check how many rows returned from your DB query? If it's more than 500, you have to manually configure the "Max Rows" in your customized DB query service, and below is the snapshot where to configure it for your refrence.

Anna, I did try this option and even set it to 1000; however, that did not help. I dont see any change in output.

Hi Varunraj,

Could you try to create another service, and in the service you call your sql query service which return an result as InfoTable, and then you could call getRowCount() on the result to see how many rows returned, and finally check if it shows the same number of rows in the Grid when running mashup.

Dear Anna,

Thanks for the help, like I said in above reply, i increased the "MaxLimit" value to 5000 and now am able to see all entries that I know are in database. I hope I am good now.

Appretiate your quick help.

Dear Varunraj,

Glad to hear your issue is gone.

Finally please mark correct answer or Mark as Helpful if you think any of the post in the loop is helpful for you, and then we could close this topic:)

Thank you,

Br,

Anna

Top Tags