cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Creating a Thing with a ValueStream using REST

rvaaraniemi
1-Newbie

Creating a Thing with a ValueStream using REST

Hi,

I tried to create a Thing that'd be associated to a ValueStream using REST API. I have associated the ValueStream to the template I'm using as a basis of the Thing. However, when the new Thing is created the "Value Stream" box stays empty.

Should a Thing inherit also the ValueStream of the template or do I have to separately assign it to the newly created Thing? If option #1, why is the box empty? If option #2, how do I do it (with REST)?

BR,

Risto

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Risto, the reason why you don't see a ValueStream on the Thing (eventhough the Template has it) is because you can set a new ValueStream there to override the current one. Keep in mind that entries won't be added unless you select the 'logged' flag on your property.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Risto, the reason why you don't see a ValueStream on the Thing (eventhough the Template has it) is because you can set a new ValueStream there to override the current one. Keep in mind that entries won't be added unless you select the 'logged' flag on your property.

ankigupta
5-Regular Member
(To:rvaaraniemi)

As Aanjan said; the ValueStream is inherited but does not show. You can run QueryPropertyHistory service to check the logged data.

Thanks a lot.

How do I set the message as "Answered"? I only found the "Assumed Answered" option. Or does someone else do that (e.g. a moderator)?

EDIT:

OK – I think I found it now. I thought the "Correct Answer" star was some kind of an award.

BR,

Risto

supandey
19-Tanzanite
(To:rvaaraniemi)

Risto, I suppose there should be something like a following button on the response which you'd like to mark correct.

Top Tags