cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Repeater Widget not visible

fgrondin
5-Regular Member

Repeater Widget not visible

Hey all,

I Have a child mashup that has label, and by using the repeater widget, I could give to the child mashup the parameters in order to set those labels.

I have an infotable that will get , from a database, some data. For each row of that infotable, I would like to use the Repeater widget to create a child mashup and set the label with the good parameters.

The thing is, the repeater widget isn't visible and it won't show the mashup used in the repeater.

I've looked at the tutorial, and she uses a filter which I don't need. So how could I make it visible ?

Thank,

Frederik

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
fgrondin
5-Regular Member
(To:fgrondin)

I managed to find out what the error is coming from. The Name of the stuff I'm using in the mashup, including its name, have the character "&" in it. When I'm testing without this sign and it works.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
posipova
20-Turquoise

What is your item load behavior set on in the widget configuration? Try "load all".

Also, please refer to this article for more information on the repeater widget: https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS248670&lang=en_US

fgrondin
5-Regular Member
(To:posipova)

I just tried it, it doesn't make the widget visible.

I would like to add that the widget property visibility is set to true.

posipova
20-Turquoise

Have you tried it in a different browser? Could you please refer to the article I posted above to see if a simple scenario would make the widget work properly - to isolate case-specific problem?

fgrondin
5-Regular Member

I tried on other browsers (chrome.IE and firefox) and it doesn't work.

I've look at the article you've given me, and the only thing I see that's different is that I don't have Generic thing attached to the data, it is only data that I've got from a SQL Query.

Basicily , I'm getting data from SQL and it goes into a datashape.

For each row of that DataShape is a Mashup.

- Col-1 in the datashape  = label 1 in the mashup

- Col-2 in the datashape  = label 2 in the mashup

So I don't need any "Thing" related to those data.

I've done something similar to the repeater widget, but with static shape. so it wouldn't allow me to set more than x amount of shape (according to the dimension I've set). I did that before seeing the repeater widget.

So now with the repeater widget, it would allow me to set y amount of shape, where y = amount of row in the datashape and have it dynamic and not static.

So basically, would it be because I have no "Generic thing" that it won't allow me to see the mashups of the repeater ?

posipova
20-Turquoise

You don't need any "generic thing" as it only requires an infotable with information. As a troubleshooting step, could you please try adding a temporary grid, and binding the same data to it - to make sure it's showing up?

On the other hand, why I asked you to see if that simple example from the article would work -- even if the repeater wasn't feeding right, it should display something, with no information. In your case, it's fully invisible. That's why I wanted to try and isolate a bug, if it is.

fgrondin
5-Regular Member

Oh ok,

I've made some correction on the repeater,

Now the repeater shows up, I've found out that the event wasn't triggering.

But it doesn't let me see the repeated mashup. I'm now receiving this error :Could not load "NameOfMashup", internal exception 5.

I've looked in the log and it says :

16:09:24 ERROR - mashupcontainer.runtime ... An error occurred while loading mashup "NameOfMashup" Exception: Syntax error, unrecognized expression: #Mashupdb568958-c296-4ae5-99bd-ed9c09485e0d_NameOfMashup

In this Mashup, I only have parameters that are bound on labels.

I have no services and I've set some styles.

posipova
20-Turquoise

Are you doing it as an administrator? Mashup name is bound in the repeater configuration? I'd also check your child mashup configuration/parameters.

fgrondin
5-Regular Member

Yes i'm doing it as an administrator and I've just created a new mashup to try a "clean" mashup and I'm still getting the same error.

fgrondin
5-Regular Member

I managed to find out what the error is coming from. The Name of the stuff I'm using in the mashup, including its name, have the character "&" in it. When I'm testing without this sign and it works.

posipova
20-Turquoise

I will file a defect as that character use should be allowed (I will also confirm that) and update this thread with a Jira number.

fgrondin
5-Regular Member

Ok,

Thank you for the help you have given me.

fgrondin
5-Regular Member

I did further testing with that letter (I started with it and now things are happening)

-If I try to type <server>/Thingworx/Mashups/... that contains that character, it only read the character before the &, so I cannot load the mashup that way.

posipova
20-Turquoise

I've reproduced and reported this to R&D as Jira PSPT-3444

Top Tags