cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

How do I delete a published expierence from the server?

wrsamuels
14-Alexandrite

How do I delete a published expierence from the server?

I have a published expierence I want to delete.

I tried to write over it but it just adds experiences to the same mark.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

William, technically Ankit's answer shall delete the project in the cloud as well.

As an alternate way, you can try using CURL or Postman to make a delete request. The Curl command should look like:

Curl -u <user>:<password> -H "Content-Type: Application/JSON" -X "DELETE" https://<your-domain-name>/ExperienceService/content/projects/projectname

-Giri

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ankigupta
5-Regular Member
(To:wrsamuels)

William Samuels​,

In the ThingWorx Studio Project page; you will find a Cloud icon with a cross; you can use this link to un-publish your project from the Experience server.

I hope it helps.

Thanks,

Ankit Gupta

wrsamuels
14-Alexandrite
(To:ankigupta)

The project has been deleted from the surface, and the ones I see don't have a cloud icon.

what I can see is if I go to the server I can find the project and view the source code, but cant edit it or delete it.

what should I do to either edit or delete it?

I did see another thread that stated to use another piece of software, but would rather stay in this one.

Thanks for the quick replies.

wrsamuels
14-Alexandrite
(To:wrsamuels)

Still stuck with an item I cant remove from the server.

William, technically Ankit's answer shall delete the project in the cloud as well.

As an alternate way, you can try using CURL or Postman to make a delete request. The Curl command should look like:

Curl -u <user>:<password> -H "Content-Type: Application/JSON" -X "DELETE" https://<your-domain-name>/ExperienceService/content/projects/projectname

-Giri

wrsamuels
14-Alexandrite
(To:katte)

Having deleted the project and not noting the name, Thingmark and other data led me down a road to have to learn a little CURL, which worked as you suggested for projects I knew the names of. Not being able to see a list of items under my name was frustrating.

I got lucky on guessing the name of the last one.

The community worked, it got me to a point of being able to create and manage experiences, thanks everyone.Unpublishing Experiences from Server

earlier I stated I could not see the cloud icon, that was due to an explorer issue, since resolved.

Top Tags