cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Can we have a custom Data Shape inside another custom Data shape

rupadhyay-2
3-Visitor

Can we have a custom Data Shape inside another custom Data shape

I want to create a complex Data shape for which I need use one Data Shape as field into another Data Shape . Is this possible or is there  any work around for this.

Just to be clear , I don't my Thing Template to implement many Data shape in order to achieve this .

3 REPLIES 3

If you mean having an Infotable on a DataShape field it's totally possible, you just need to define the Field as Infotable and then you will be able to set a DataShape for it.

Thanks Carles , I had one custom  Data Shape "RfidReader" which I wanted to use in another custom DataShape "BinLog". Image1.PNG

Its very basic concept , however since I haven't done it earlier , I wanted to take help of you guys . Expect few more basic questions like this going forward. Thanks a lot for helping on this.

ankigupta
5-Regular Member
(To:rupadhyay-2)

Ravi, You can use GetPropertyDefinition service to get details of previous DataShape and then use this infotable Fields to create the DataShape.

Top Tags