cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Empty Space on Time Series Chart

mfelton
1-Newbie

Empty Space on Time Series Chart

Hi,

Whenever i try to use the time series chart i always get some empty space at the start, this is quite annoying and is never in any examples I've seen.

Anyone know how to get rid of this?

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12
posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:mfelton)

Hi, could you please attach your sample mashup with a dependent entity? This issue is unfamiliar, I'd need to take a look at your exact scenario.thanks

added the items

qngo
5-Regular Member

If you are using the default TimeSeriesChart widget, try to uncheck the property "XAxisSmoothScaling"

mfelton
1-Newbie
(To:qngo)

Just confirmed that this is already unchecked.

posipova
20-Turquoise

I don't have a kep thing connected, so I changed the value to the RampVal in place of the TempValue, here's what I'm seeing:

Do you have a start date set in your query that preceds your actual values' start time?

I don't have a start date set at all in the query, i think this may be an issue with the current value stream, is there a way to purge a value stream and start it fresh with no values? (without creating a new one)

posipova
20-Turquoise

You may try using the purge services:

So, I ended up created a new value stream, this now displays from the start, adding values to it as they come, as shown below.

However if i limit the query to 50 values, this is was is displayed.

surely the x-axis should scale just to fit 50 values? This makes no sense to me what so ever.

Thanks for all your help btw.

posipova
20-Turquoise

I don't seem to be able to reproduce it - I set the maxItems to 50 on the query:

What happens if you refresh? Different browser? This is puzzling.

Refresh makes no difference and currently on Chrome & just tried Internet Explorer but it wont even display mashups (will open composer).

Thingworx Foundation (H2 120 day trial) is installed on Windows Server 2016 VM

Not sure if that configuration isn't supported? I seem to be having a lot of 'unusual' issues.

posipova
20-Turquoise

Do you have compatibility mode turned on in your IE browser?

This very well might be the reason as we do not currently support Windows Server 2016:

http://support.ptc.com/WCMS/files/172182/en/ThingWorx_Core_7.3_System_Requirements_1.0.pdf

supandey
19-Tanzanite

Matthew, there are following purge services available with ValueStream  which you can use, see which one fits your use case the best

1. PurgeAllPropertyHistory

2. PurgePropertyHistory

3. PurgeSelectedPropertyHistory

If its just about purging all the property values between certain date range, you could go ahead with 1st

Top Tags