cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Unpublishing Experiences from Server

aouellet
5-Regular Member

Unpublishing Experiences from Server

In the event the actual project files were deleted from the documents folder, and the machine that published the experience was reset, is there a way to manage all published experiences on a server and delete them in the event that needs to be done?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
katte
1-Newbie
(To:aouellet)

By saying manage, do you mean deleting the experience projects? If that is the case, you can leverage REST call using Postman and use Delete method as follows:

** If you are registered for the initial Pilot Program, then replace "/ExperienceService" with "/VuforiaExperienceService" in the URL.

Thanks,
Giri

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
katte
1-Newbie
(To:aouellet)

By saying manage, do you mean deleting the experience projects? If that is the case, you can leverage REST call using Postman and use Delete method as follows:

** If you are registered for the initial Pilot Program, then replace "/ExperienceService" with "/VuforiaExperienceService" in the URL.

Thanks,
Giri

Hi Giri,

I've followed your instructions and managed to delete a bunch of published experiences that I didn't want.  However, for some of them, I no longer have the local project folder and I don't know what it was named.  So how can I get rid of these if I don't know the project name.  I do know the name of the Experience, as I see that listed when I scan the ThingMark.

Many thanks,

Allan

Allan, To know the list of project names, likewise 'DELETE' method you can make use of 'GET' method in postman. The url should look like - https://<yourhostname>:<port>/ExperienceService/content/projects/

Alternately, you can use CURL command as: curl -u user:password -H Accept:application/json https://<yourhostname>:<port>/ExperienceService/content/projects/

-Giri

Thanks Giri,

Postman doesn't work as the get command returns the HTML document that's in the projects folder.

I'll try curl.

Thanks,

Allan

I see that - Get request should be made with content-type as JSON. As Postman doesn't recognize that params, it is returning html doc. Also tried "?Accept=application/json" in the URL, doesn't work. I guess this is some bug with postman, not sure.

wrsamuels
14-Alexandrite
(To:katte)

Am trying to find the name of a published project that was deleted.

Was able to use CURL to delete all but one. I cant find the project name.

how do I find that name using CURL?

Tried using a -X "GET" and it returned NOT FOUND.

Can a name of that project be emailed to me?

Hi William,

Just so you know, I didn't get around to trying to use Curl.  I just used Postman as Giri suggested and kept on trying different directory names until it let me know that it had deleted something.  As you've probably seen, the name of the project folder on the server is the same as that name you give it locally when you create the experience.  My problem was that I didn't have those local folders any more, so I just had to guess.

wrsamuels
14-Alexandrite
(To:AllanThompson)

Ditto, in the end I had to guess also and did get lucky. It seems that there should be a better way than learning how to use CURL or some other tool so I can clean my space on the server.

Thingworx is a great tool but has a house cleaning issue.

My lesson is to take notes in OneNote or somewhere of the mark used, project name and other pertinent info.

I truly appreciate the communities breadcrumb trail, it did enable me to create some cool experiences and then learn how to manage them and their access.

You can get a project list as follows, this will show you all the experiences on the sever and you can then delete as needed.

In Postman:

GET https://[yourServerName]/ExperienceService/content/projects/

Auth: Basic, enter user with read privileges and password

Headers: Accept: application/JSON

You can also get the resolutions for a particular Thingmark code as shown below, where [yourThingmarkCode] is the number code for your Thingmark, like 1758:1 This will show you what projects a thingmark points to. Useful for debugging when you have a mark pointing to something you don't want.

GET https://[your server name]/ExperienceService/id-resolution/resolutions?key=urn:vuforia:vumark:[yourThingmarkCode]

Auth: Basic, enter user with read privileges and password

Headers: Accept: application/JSON

Hello,

I am trying to delete a published experience from a trial experience server.

The Postman request returns an error:

{
"message": "Header x-requested-with is missing or invalid",
"errorCode": "",
"error": {}
}

Eventually the experience remains in my library.

Any ideas what am I doing wrong?

Thanks! 

I have a easy way to delete experience server file.

Create a same name project then publish. You can delete cloud file.

Top Tags