cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Web shaped chart available??

bmarimuthu-2
1-Newbie

Web shaped chart available??

I want to use the similar kind of chart in my project. Is this possible?? IF so, how can I get that one??

Edit: Screenshot removed due to the request from thread owner

10 REPLIES 10

Hi Bavithraa, exactly this is not available in out of the box ThingWorx, however if this is exactly what you need, you can create your custom widget, here's quick start guide for you : Creating a Custom Widget in ThingWorx

Ok Sushant!! thanks for the help

when i try to import "eclipse plugin for thingworx extension' getting error as

Extension must have a metadata.xml file

Sorry for stupid question, are you importing this in ThingWorx? Just that the screenshot look something from the Import/Export wizard

yup!!!! I am importing in thingworx. That screen shot was taken during the validation of extension package.

and One more thing Sushant!! I didnt get the clear idea of creating my own customized widget.

Please tell me step by step process for creating the above kind of web shaped chart widget??

That's not meant to be imported in ThingWorx composer. It's an extension for Eclipse IDE so that you can easily model the entities and for configuring them correctly so they work as expected after import in ThingWorx - you'll have to install this in Eclipse IDE, much like you'd install any other plugin.

Edited:

Here're some of the documents you can use to get started with creating your custom widget:

1. ThingWorx Extension Development Guide

2. Creating UI Widget for ThingWorx

3. WidgetAPI-Runtime

4. WidgetAPI-IDE

Hi Sushant,

How to write extensions which can be presented in Thingworks Marketplace? Referring to this, I have created a 'webchart' project in Thingworx extension and also created a new widget "chart design'' ​under the parent project "webchat". Now, What should I do further to get that chart i mentioned above??

Bavithraa, have you followed all the steps to complete the widget creation? If you are done with that you can now simply package that extension which you have created by building it. I'm not sure if you are using Gradle or Ant to build your project, but you'll have to use one of them to build your project from the IDE which will generate a zip file for you.

Once that's done you can import that zip file by navigating to the ThingWorx Composer > Import/Export > Extensions > Import, browse to your zip file's location, generated above via the build process, and Import that.

If everything's in place you can navigate to your Mashup and in Widgets section you should be now able to see your custom widget for use.

If you are not sure on the building process do refer to the ThingWorx Extension User Development guide I've attached above for the section Building Extensions on page 50 and for help on importing your extension you can refer to the topic in the same guide on page 42 called Extension Import and Management

Not about exporting the project into thingworx, Priorly I want to know how to write the coding part to get that chart. Now I have empty chartdesign.ide.css,chartdesign.ide.css,chartdesign.runtime.css,chartdesign.runtime.js

I don't have any idea  with this. how should I proceed further with the coding?

Please englighten me!!

my 2 cents here: I would start by taking a look at the Custom Charts widget and then look on how it uses the D3 libraries. Then you can adapt the code using D3 to get the web shaped format, like in this example.

Not sure it will get you there but it is definitely a place to start playing around.

Cheers

Ewerton

Top Tags