cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Getting Exception while trying to connect ThingWorx through Java SDK

rsagiraj
5-Regular Member

Getting Exception while trying to connect ThingWorx through Java SDK

I have downloaded TW_Download_Java SDK.zip and trying to execute SimpleClient.java with my ThingWorx, but got below exception:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.slf4j.helpers.MessageFormatter.arrayFormat(Ljava/lang/String;[Ljava/lang/Object;)Lorg/slf4j/helpers/FormattingTuple;

at ch.qos.logback.classic.spi.LoggingEvent.<init>(LoggingEvent.java:115)

at ch.qos.logback.classic.Logger.buildLoggingEventAndAppend(Logger.java:439)

at ch.qos.logback.classic.Logger.filterAndLog_0_Or3Plus(Logger.java:395)

at ch.qos.logback.classic.Logger.info(Logger.java:599)

at com.thingworx.communications.client.processor.ClientMessageProcessor.<init>(ClientMessageProcessor.java:62)

at com.thingworx.communications.client.BaseClient.initializeMessageProcessor(BaseClient.java:197)

at com.thingworx.communications.client.BaseClient.initialize(BaseClient.java:180)

at com.thingworx.communications.client.BaseClient.<init>(BaseClient.java:119)

at com.thingworx.communications.client.ConnectedThingClient.<init>(ConnectedThingClient.java:97)

at com.thingworx.communications.client.ConnectedThingClient.<init>(ConnectedThingClient.java:84)

at com.thingworx.sdk.simple.SimpleClient.<init>(SimpleClient.java:25)

at com.thingworx.sdk.simple.SimpleClient.main(SimpleClient.java:49)

please help me

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ankigupta
5-Regular Member
(To:rsagiraj)

Ramaraju Sagiraju​, Seems that org.slf4j.helpers.MessageFormatter.arrayFormat is missing in your references.

Delete the old references. Readd the ThingWorx Jar files. Refresh your Project and it should work.

Or simply replace the jar files in the folder where it originally exist and refresh your project.

Do let me know if you face any issue.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ankigupta
5-Regular Member

Hi Ramaraju Sagiraju​,

Which JDK version do you have?

And also share the steps you followed to setup the Java SDK? I hope you are using eclipse for this.

Thanks,

Ankit Gupta

ankigupta
5-Regular Member

Ramaraju Sagiraju​, Seems that org.slf4j.helpers.MessageFormatter.arrayFormat is missing in your references.

Delete the old references. Readd the ThingWorx Jar files. Refresh your Project and it should work.

Or simply replace the jar files in the folder where it originally exist and refresh your project.

Do let me know if you face any issue.

rsagiraj
5-Regular Member
(To:ankigupta)

Thanks Ankit Gupta​, with the references provided by you the issue is resolved.

Top Tags