cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Connection rejected - Thingworx 7.2 deployed on AWS Ubutuntu 14.4

jserrano
1-Newbie

Connection rejected - Thingworx 7.2 deployed on AWS Ubutuntu 14.4

I have followed the tutorial to install Thingworx 7.2 on Ubuntu. After finishing the walkthrough and try to access from within Ubuntu (localhost), and from outside (public IP/public DNS) both keeps sending this error message:

My firewall is already down and the port 8443 is setted in config.xml.

Thanks on advance.

6 REPLIES 6

Are you able to connect on port 80 at all?

No, not at all

Are you able to share the console output from starting up your thingworx instance ?

Sure Philipp, but the thing is that I can´t even acces to my Tomcat instance at all, so I haven´t been able to confirm if my thingworx instance is running.  When start Tomcat in the terminal, it all seems to be fine, but when even trying navigate to Tomcat, that message in the screenshot above is shown.

Any workaround or suggetion you could share?

Josue,

Any update on this? Was Matt Crivello's post helpful? If so, could you click on the "correct answer" button and let us know?

Have you tried opening port 80 on the EC2 instance? I followed this guide from Amazon and then chose HTTP instead of SSH to open port 80 and then it worked fine.

Authorizing Inbound Traffic for Your Linux Instances - Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud

Top Tags