cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

thingworx studio stop working

fbenjamin
1-Newbie

thingworx studio stop working

I have been using ThingWorx Studio for around a week, it stopped working for what every reason. so i am trying to reinstall it. I seem to been having a problem reinstalling it.

Application cannot be started contact the application vendor. attached is the log file can any one help i was doing so well!

Message was edited by: Sushant Pandey moved to ThingWorx Studio Community

8 REPLIES 8

What happens if you download the URL in the log (via the browser) and install it via this file?

https://studio-download.vuforia.io/downloads/ThingworxMobileBuilderApp.application

You can also check out this article... it mentions some of the directories where (temp) files might be stored - maybe they are interfering with the new installation, so be sure to clean those directories out after de-installing Studio.

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS251716

Hi Michael, I have tried using the link I seem to get the same problem as before.

ankigupta
5-Regular Member
(To:fbenjamin)

Hi FITZ BENJAMIN​, Could you please share the steps followed to reinstall ThingWorx Studio.

From the logs it seems that some file cannot be found and the activation failed.

I would recommend you to restart the Server after the uninstall.

Thanks,

Ankit Gupta

Hi Gupta;

I have followed the details for uninstalling ThingWorx information

emoved the ThingWorx folder from within document

1. I also within user Users\myname\AppData\Roaming
  2. Restarted
  3. Tried to install again and I get the same problem
  4. I have also tried the URL Link

I have attached the install log file

Any ideas?

Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 is installed correctly?

(as it says "no install needed" I'd guess it is, but a confirmation on this will be helpful)

Update:

The current status of my problem.

1. After trying all the posted recommended work a round’s which need not same to resolve the problem
  2. I made a discsion to rebuild mypersonal computer from the OS upwards and reinstall my application, it was running a bit slow anyways
  3. I then reinstalled ThingWorx Studio, it worked first time round without any problems.

Device Type :

1. Windows 7 pro
  2. Service pack 1

Regards

FB

Hi

Has anyone solved this problem? I am getting similar problem. Studio working fine on Windows 10 and then it stopped working. That is the application launches correctly but then when I click to open (localhost), i get spining thingmark logo and waits forever.

I tried uninstall and reinstall Studio and same problem.

Any help appreciated.

Go to %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Apps and delete the 2.0 file. Reinstall the setup file and you will have access again.

Good luck,

Sabrina.

Top Tags