cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Advanced eLearning Documents missing?

ashleyg
1-Newbie

Advanced eLearning Documents missing?

Hi All,

I am attempting to work through the ThingWorx Advanced courses, more specifically the ThingWorx 6.5 User Interface Development course. The course is very well produced and is very easy to understand however I cannot find the "Lab Files" for this course including the prerequisite Entities such as ThingTemplates and services Things which are needed for the course to be completed.

Does anybody know if these course files are available anywhere?

Many Thanks

Ashley

6 REPLIES 6
dupatel
19-Tanzanite
(To:ashleyg)

Ashley Gibson​ - Is it possible for you to share the course URL or PTC site from where you are referring the course. We will check and confirm you.

-Durgesh

Hi Durgesh,

https://precisionlms.ptc.com/viewer/course/en/25899173/page/25899174

Please see above the link to the User Interface Course.

Many Thanks

Ashley

sstankay
15-Moonstone

Hi Ashley,

Durgesh and I are working to get more information for you regarding the learning labs for this course.  The fact may be that no learning labs exist, and that you would need to complete prior courses to obtain the entities and services referenced.  We will get back to you with the specifics as soon as we can.

Thanks,

Steve

Hi Steve,

Many thanks for your time on this.

I believe at the start of the course it mentions you do not need any previous courses as prerequisites to start this course.

It also mentions needing to use many Entities such as the LotTT ThingTemplate and other entities without telling you how to create them so I assume there are some Lab Files necessary for the completion of this course?

Many Thanks

Ashley

sstankay
15-Moonstone

Hi Ashley,

That's what we are investigating with the instructor.  It is possible that there is an assumption the full Intro course has already been taken, and if that is the case we will look to improve the documentation for the prerequisites.  It's also possible that lab files do exist and are simply missing from the site.  We want to confirm for sure before providing you the final answer.  Stay tuned.

Thanks,

Steve

sstankay
15-Moonstone

HI Ashley,

To follow up on this again, we do not currently have lab files or any environments we are able to provide for the advanced training classes.  If these classes are taken live, with a dedicated instructor, we provide the environments as part of that live session in a supported training environment.

We do have the lab files and environments available for the Fundamentals and Introductions training classes that are online, but not for the advanced courses at this time.  The main value in the WBTs for the advanced sessions would be for watching the videos to see the examples, and then apply the skills in your own application(s).

Let me know if you have further comments or questions.  Also let me know if you would like more information on the live offerings for this course.

Thanks,

Steve

Top Tags