cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

HTTP Status 401 - Could not handle request

mhucik
3-Visitor

HTTP Status 401 - Could not handle request

Hi everybody.

Today I installed:

1. jre1.8.0_40

2. Apache-tomcar-8.5.11

3. Postgresql_9.4

Than i copied Thingworx.war (Thingworx 7.2) to Tomcat directory /Tomcat/webapps

When i launch Tomcat (in google chrome), it is running correctly. You can see it on the picture.

But when i want to launch Thingworx composer

(trying both just click to /Thingworx, or open new tab and type adress localhost/Thingworx) the issuu is occurred (picture below)

I follow every step by Installation quide for THingworx 7.2

Maybe you had or have had same issue.

Do you have any suggestions?

As attachment you can see logs founded in Tomcat/logs.

Thanks for every answer.

PS: I was trying to use Google Chrome and Internet Explorer

22 REPLIES 22
posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:mhucik)

Hi,

A couple of things:

1. Tomcat 8.5.x is not supported, instead please look into installing 8.0.33 or later minor version of 8.0.x

2. How did you deploy Thingworx.war? Through the web tomcat manager? If yes, then instead you need to stop tomcat, go to its folder tomcat/webapps on your harddrive, remove the existing Thingworx.war and Thingworx folder that are now in there, remove ThingworxStorage and ThingworxBackupStorage from your harddrive, go back to the tomcat/webapps and now copy Thingworx.war in there. Then start the tomcat and it will deploy/extract the .war. Try accessing the composer then.

In addition, please see this article Frequently Seen Errors upon launching the Thingworx application: and check that the database is connected (through pg admin, you would go inside the thingworx db, right click and ensure it's "connected", then also expand the tablespaces and ensure around 48+ were created). One more thing to confirm is the proper authentication credentials in the platform-settings.json file.

Hope this helps!

supandey
19-Tanzanite

Hi Michal, in addition to what Polina already mentioned, could you please state which DB is used together with ThingWorx, if it's not H2 or Neo could you confirm if the schema is correctly setup and DB is reachable? ThingWorx.war failed to deploy for your because it couldn't connect to the DB saw this in your stdout log:

*** CRITICAL ERROR ON STARTUP: Unable to initialize and start system: Connections could not be acquired from the underlying database!

mhucik
3-Visitor
(To:supandey)

Hi Polina and Sushant. Thank you for your replies and i am trully sorry the delay in answering you.

Firstly, i have already tried to install supported version of TomCat 8.0.33. But issue still persist.

Secondly, i tried to deploy war file as Polina mentioned and nothing changed.

Sushant i am using Postgres DB and i thing that it is correctly setup.

thingworxpostgresDBSetup.bat

SET server=localhost

SET port=5432

SET database=thingworx

SET tablespace=thingworx

SET tablespace_location=path\ThingworxPostgresqlStorage

SET adminusername=postgres

SET thingworxusername=thingworx

and

thingworxPostgreSchemaSetup.bat

SET server=localhost

SET port=5432

SET username=thingworx

SET database=thingworx

SET schema=public

SET option=all

Thank you,

Michal

mhucik
3-Visitor

Hi,

Here you can see printscreen of my DB

DB.PNG

supandey
19-Tanzanite

Michal, you appear to be running PostgreSQL 9.6, while in the original thread you have mentioned it's 9.4. 9.6 is not supported with ThingWorx 7.2

mhucik
3-Visitor

Yes, you are right. I was trying many options in hope that it will be ok . But it is the same as Thingworx 7.1 and PostgresSQL 9.4.

This is interesting that it is not supported because i have Quickstart PTC NAVIGATE VIEW PLM APP 1.3.pptx document and it says that i should use PostgreSQL 9.6 to install database for Thingworx 7.1. install.PNG

posipova
20-Turquoise

Thank you for pointing this out, I will reach out to the Navigate documentation team. Please refer to the Thingworx system requirements guide for the currently supported versions:http://support.ptc.com/WCMS/files/172182/en/ThingWorx_Core_7.3_System_Requirements_1.0.pdf

Also note in your screenshot above, your database scripts did not complete as you can only see 3 tablespaces (you should have about 48).

supandey
19-Tanzanite

Just to add to what Polina already mentioned so i rechecked the latest release for Navigate and that doesn't seem to reflect this same information

mhucik
3-Visitor

Maybe some mistake. Never mind. I will do a new installation according to link provided by Polina and i will give you feedback.

Thank you

mhucik
3-Visitor

Hi all

So i have done everything one more time from beginning.

I have installed

Tomcat 8.0.41

tomcat.PNG

PostgreSQL 9.4

postgresql.PNG

Java 8

I have downloaded Thingworx 7.3 from PTC download page.

After executing thingworxPostgreSchemaSetup.bat the issue occured, see bellow

cmd_problems.PNG

This is the reason why i dont have enough tablespaces. Do you have any suggestions how to make it?

thingworxPostgreSchemaSetup.bat ​configurations:

SET server=localhost

SET port=5432

SET username=thingworx

SET database=thingworx

SET schema=public

SET option=all

Thank you

supandey
19-Tanzanite

Michal, the number of tables seems to be correct, i suppose Polina Osipova​​ meant to highlight this. You seem to now have right amount of tables, at least going by the screenshot above.

Could you please confirm if this was the new schema you created? Because all those errors simply point to the fact that those tables and metadata in the DB already exists. Did you delete the old schema before creating new one?

Are you installing ThingWorx and Postgresql on different machines?

Edit:

I think at this point its worth checking for the postgresql logs you should find that in <PostgreSQL_Install_Directory>/9.4/data/pg_log/

mhucik
3-Visitor

Hi Sushant

This was the new schema i have created, but before i have installed it i uninstalled old one and deleted Thingworx folders from root. ThingworxStorage and ThingworxBackupStorage and everything from ThingworxPostgresqlStorage. So i thing it was clean installation. Do you agree?

Next step was executing of thingworxPostgresDBSetup.bat and than thingworxPostgresSchemaSetup.bat

But i was executing  thingworxPostgresSchemaSetup.bat twice. Firstly nothing happend and secondly the errors have appeared. I am little bit confused

PS: i am installing on just one machine

supandey
19-Tanzanite

Yes, you'd normally not see any errors if all runs through cleanly. So from that it looks like your first attempt did lead to clean setup of the schema for Thingworx. The best would be verify via the PGAdmin tool once the script finishes, so in your above screenshot it does look clean.

So even after doing this you still have the same error while launching ThingWorx Composer? If it still is the same, could you share the logs from the postgresql and the platform-settings.json file

mhucik
3-Visitor

Right, i have still the same error while lunching Composer.

Where i could find the log file please?

And how could i share it in this environment. I am able to paste just a picture, video and a hyperlink.

supandey
19-Tanzanite

So the postgresql log you can find at <PostgreSQL_Install_Directory>/9.4/data/pg_log/, you'll find the platform-settings.json at \\ThingworxPlatform and as to the attachment while replying to a thread you'd see something this if you'd click on that you'll get to see the following at the bottom right

mhucik
3-Visitor

Sushant here you can see my environment. There is no USE ADVANCED EDITOR option while replying.

reply.PNG

supandey
19-Tanzanite

Sorry Michal, it could be because of the difference in the rights then. Could you please share the screenshots of the errors from the log and probably copy paste the text from the platform-settings.json

Edit:

Just to check do you have access to the support.ptc.com? so you could actually open a case for this

posipova
20-Turquoise

Michal could you please paste the contents of your platform-settings.json? You can remove the username/password.

mhucik
3-Visitor
(To:posipova)

Hi Polina and Sushant

Here is content of platform-settings.json file

-----------------------------------------------------------------

{

"PersistenceProviderPackageConfigs": {

"PostgresPersistenceProviderPackage": {

"ConnectionInformation": {

"jdbcUrl": "jdbc:postgresql://localhost:8085/thingworx",

"password": "pasword",

"username": "username"

}

}

}

}

----------------------------------------------------------------

and here is the link to download log file via dropbox

Dropbox - postgresql-2017-03-07_090904.log

supandey
19-Tanzanite

Michal is your Postgre DB running on port 8085? by default it would be running on 5432, if its on default please update the JDBC with :

jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/thingworx

mhucik
3-Visitor

Sushant you are right.

After changing port to 5432 (default port) it is done and i am able to enter to the composer. Perfect.

Thank you and Polina for your support.

Both of you have a nice rest of the day.

Bye

supandey
19-Tanzanite

Concerning the tables, could you check the thingworx database via the PGAdmin and see how many tables you have in the schema something like this

Edit:

Regardless of what has been discussed above, I would still strongly recommend you to downgrade the PostgreSQL to 9.4 to operate within the supported environment.

Top Tags