cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

how to increase font size of value display. Maximum font size it support is 72px

js802686
3-Visitor

how to increase font size of value display. Maximum font size it support is 72px

We have developed a dashboard using ThingWorx .

Client is displaying that in Big TV.

The issue is even though we have setup font size as maximum 72px, it looks small on big TV. We are using value display which is a responsive widget.

Client want to increase the current font size to 4 times more.

Please suggest if we can do the same in ThingWorx? We are using version 6.6.1

7 REPLIES 7
ankigupta
5-Regular Member
(To:js802686)

Jigar Shah​,

I am not sure if the font size can be increased further.

Have you tried Font Label? https://marketplace.thingworx.com/Items/font-labeling

You can try to Pass the Data to this widget and show.

Please check if it helps in your requirement.

Hi Ankit-We are using font label since long time. It allows you to change font, not font size beyond 72 px.

ankigupta
5-Regular Member

I would suggest you to open a TS case with PTC for an enhancement request to give more options for Font size.

Meanwhile you can try to do CTRL+ on your browser to zoom and see if it helps.

liliu
8-Gravel

Hi Jigar,

I am afread that using font size bigger than 72px is not a thingworx OOTB functionality. If you want to use font that beyond 72px you may need to develop customized extension.

Just let me know if you need some documents about customized extension.

Lily

ankigupta
5-Regular Member
(To:liliu)

Hi Li Li Liu​, As per my understanding even the customized extension will not work as it will have to point to Style Definition for defining the Font size which is a core part of ThingWorx and max out to 72px.

Hi Li Li Liu​- I agree with Ankit. Custom extension will not work.Font label extension we are using at other places in the system, so it will not work either.

Even increasing zoom size in browser, it disturb other part of the UI, so that is also not good solution.

Has there been any resolution to this?

We are wanting to use a ThingWorx mashup as an overhead display for an area.  The largest available font size OOTB isn't really visible from any real distance.

Top Tags