cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Is there a case that diplayed indoor location information?

yonkim
9-Granite

Is there a case that diplayed indoor location information?

​One of our customers wants to display equipment location information in the factory in the Thingworx Mashup. And they want to receive operating information of the equipment wirelessly. Please let us know if you have implemented any of these.

2 REPLIES 2

Well, at least you could not use any Map widget or Location property in this issue, they are not so accurate.

Maybe you should give your equipment Thing with some extra string properties, and with these strings you could describe their locations, like "B zone, room 302, unit 3"

Or maybe you could add a image property inside and put a Map of your factory in it. And the location of the equipment is marked as a dot inside.

BrunoD
9-Granite
(To:yonkim)

I worked on such a use case with existing capabilities and I wanted to complete previous comment on how to display information on a floor plan.

On the mashup side I used an Image widget showing the floor plan in combination of an XYChart widget. I displayed the Image as background of the XYChart setting transparency by adapting the styles.  

On the modelling side I maintained XY coordinates through some services and reference data.
The main reference data was a table providing XY coordinates associated to equipment position that was only tracked by room ID. 

Top Tags