cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

How to delete entries from a value stream

Do1
9-Granite
9-Granite

How to delete entries from a value stream

I have a value stream and I would like to clear out the entries from the value stream.

I have tried using the purge option, but it simply does nothing as far as I can tell, even with the immediate option enabled.

Can someone please shed some light on the matter?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AnnaAn
13-Aquamarine
(To:Do1)

Hi Gauche,

When you call service PurgeAllPropertyHistory to remove all the data entried from a Thing using the Value Stream, make sure you also select the startDate and endDate, and also make sure the startDate is on the bottom and endDate is on the top, please not choose it wrongly and then execute it to see if data entries could be removed.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
posipova
20-Turquoise

Could you please clarify what you mean by "does nothing"? If you have a value stream assigned to a thing, then you may run the PurgeAllPropertyHistory service from that thing, and your value stream will clear out.

ankigupta
5-Regular Member

Duan Gauche​, Value Stream is also a Thing with Parent as Value Stream Thing Template but we do not have access to the Value Stream entries from the Value Stream Thing. The Services for Value Stream are accessible only via Things using that Value Stream Thing.

So, as Polina mentioned; we need to run the service PurgeAllPropertyHistory, PurgePropertyHistory, PurgeSelectedPropertyHistory from the Thing using the ValueStream Thing i.e. The Things where the Value Stream Property is set as our Value Stream Thing.

If you are running the Service from the Thing using the ValueStream and it still does not work; I would suggest you to check Script/Application logs if it shows any error.

AnnaAn
13-Aquamarine

Hi Gauche,

When you call service PurgeAllPropertyHistory to remove all the data entried from a Thing using the Value Stream, make sure you also select the startDate and endDate, and also make sure the startDate is on the bottom and endDate is on the top, please not choose it wrongly and then execute it to see if data entries could be removed.

Do1
9-Granite
9-Granite
(To:AnnaAn)

Hi Anna,

Well this was embarrassing...

Thanks for the hint.  I was doing it the wrong way around.

Top Tags