cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Ms Sql Connection

fgrondin
5-Regular Member

Ms Sql Connection

Hey all,

I was wondering if there was a way to set the database User Name / password on run time?

What I have in mind is something like, when a mashup loads, it pops a mashup that ask for the username and the password.

Then I would verify if the credential are good and re-ask if not good. or leave the popup if it's good.

So, what would I need to write down in a service to access the username and password information ?

Frederik Grondin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ankigupta
5-Regular Member
(To:fgrondin)

Hi Frederik Grondin​,

Yes, this is possible. You just need to create a custom Service which takes the Credentials as input from the user and then add the code to update the configuration of the Database Thing and Restart Thing to run it with the new Configuration.

This Blog might be helpful for you: Steps to create a External Relational Database Thing and update configuration at Runtime in ThingWorx

Thanks,

Ankit Gupta

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ankigupta
5-Regular Member
(To:fgrondin)

Hi Frederik Grondin​,

Yes, this is possible. You just need to create a custom Service which takes the Credentials as input from the user and then add the code to update the configuration of the Database Thing and Restart Thing to run it with the new Configuration.

This Blog might be helpful for you: Steps to create a External Relational Database Thing and update configuration at Runtime in ThingWorx

Thanks,

Ankit Gupta

Top Tags