cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

What is ThingMark ?How can i get it?

qumar
1-Newbie

What is ThingMark ?How can i get it?

hi ,

I have installed the thingworx studio. when i try to publish the view it asks me Thingmarks and Thingworx experience service I don't know, what it is?  how can i get the thingmarks and Thingworx experience service.In case, if i have to install it , share the installation procedure.

Thanks,

Qadir

Message was edited by: Sushant Pandey Changing it to ThingWorx Studio

28 REPLIES 28
supandey
19-Tanzanite
(To:qumar)

Hi Qadir, they are somewhat identical to a QR code, uniquely identifying the device/machine against which they are used. If you are starting afresh with ThingWorx Studio, believe this could be very useful blog for you Augmented Reality Applications - Vuforia SDK / ThingWorx Studio - What is what?

Additionally, i would strongly recommend you to go through the Getting Started guide for ThingWorx Studio

Hope this helps.

qumar
1-Newbie
(To:supandey)

Hi Sushant,

I am new in Thingworx studio.I have gone through the document .I have created a project when i try to publish it , it requires thingmarks. What will i have to do in order to get thingmarks.

Thanks,

ankigupta
5-Regular Member

Qadir umar​,

Please register at ThingWorx Studio – Unleash your imagination. for the trial version of ThingWorx Studio. Once approved you will get a welcome e-mail with the Experience Server Url. Then you can configure your ThingWorx Studio which includes 3 ThingMarks for use in your Project.

Do let us know if you have any further Queries.

Hi Ankit,

After Registering I got approval to download the trial version the of Thingworx Studio,I didn't get any Experience Server Url.

Thanks,

ankigupta
5-Regular Member

Hi Qadir umar​,

Please share your email used for Registration, I will check internally regarding the Status. If the Experience Server is already assigned I will request and forward the URL on your Email.

Thanks,

Ankit Gupta

ankigupta
5-Regular Member
(To:ankigupta)

Also, ThingWorx Studio is correct Space to post queries related to ThingWorx Studio.

Hi Ankit,

I have used quadir.umar@itcinfotech.com ​registration.

Thanks,

Qadir Umar

ankigupta
5-Regular Member

Hi Qadir umar​,

Before I check internally; could you please do following:

Open ThingWorx Studio Home page and on Top Right; you will see three Dots (...).

Click on ... -> Portal login.

Enter your Studio Credentials and click on Configure.

It will configure your Experience Service URL and will also download the ThingMarks which you can use in your Project.

To confirm; go to ... -> Settings. Default ThingWorx Experience Service URL should show the Experience Server URL.

Do let me know if it doesn't work; we will check internally with the Team.

Hi Ankit,

I am telling you what i have done till now, I registered in Thingworx Studio to download trail version. once i got confirmation mail , I downloaded and installed it , After installation, Configure ThingWorx Studio Popup Opened.I entered the studio credential from which i registered.It gave error. So i clicked on link, No thanks, I will configure ThingWorx Studio manually, then Welcome To ThingWorx Studio Page Opened in which 2 projects were listed. I tried to Publish existing Project, it started to ask me ThingMarks.

Now I restarted the System  and tried what you said,  I clicked on ... -> Portal login.I entered studio credential from which i registered. I clicked on Configure, it gives error Auto configure failed. Check log for errors. Then clicked on ... -> Settings. In Default ThingWorx Experience Service URL , "http://localhost:3000/" is appearing. when i publish the existing project it asks me username & password . I entered my studio credentials here . it gives error. I don't know ThingWorx Experience Service credentials so i had entered Thingworx Studio Credential. I don't know the ThingWorx Experience Service URL is correct or not.

Thanks,

Qadir

ankigupta
5-Regular Member

Hi Qadir umar​,

I am checking internally if an Experience server URL is assigned for your account.

Meanwhile could you please the Studio logs for further review.

Hi Ankit,

Please find attached Studio log files for your reference.Meanwhile i will try to find the problem from log files.

Regards,

Qadir

Hi,

I feel probably you will know about this

I have already approved with my Welcome to the ThingWorx® Studio Trial, But where can I get my  Experience Server Url and the 3 thingmarks,I did not see it .

if you know about it this ,please help me ,thanks a lot

katte
1-Newbie

Qadir umar​ As you have received the confirmation email, in that confirmation email under Experience Service Section you should be able to see the URL of your Experience Service (ES). Now, you need to use the ES url in your project configuration i.e., under configuration -> Info -> ThingWorx Experience Service field. Then if you click on the green 'validate' button next to the field, it will prompt for User credentials and here you need to use your credentials which you used for Studio portal login.

WRT ThingMark, on validating your credentials, in ThingWorx Studio you should see something like 'My ThingMarks' under Configuration. It shows your ES associated Thingmarks, where you can take a print and scan.

Giri

qumar
1-Newbie

hi ,

I am attaching the mail, which i got from ThingWorx Studio.

Regards,

Qadir

email.PNG

katte
1-Newbie

Can you please check your last week inbox? Because, your request was approved last week and you should've received a Welcome Email. May be check your junk mail.

Giri

qumar
1-Newbie
(To:katte)

Hi Giri,

I have checked my mailbox including the junk mail, i haven't got the mail yet.How can i get that email now?

Regards,

Qadir

qumar
1-Newbie

Hi,

What are the steps to get the email?

Regards,

Qadir

katte
1-Newbie

Qadir, Our records say that the welcome email is delivered to you (around last Wednesday). We'll try to resend it.

qumar
1-Newbie

Hi Giri,

I got the mail.when i try to configure my Thingworx studio, it gives error, auto configure failed.I am attaching file.error.PNG

when i see the log i found below error.configuration error.PNG

katte
1-Newbie

Regarding the auto-configure error, I guess the username shouldn't be the email-id. Besides the email id, can you please try with the username (something like quadir.umar)

qumar
1-Newbie

Hi Giri ,

I have tried with different combination as you suggested, still i am getting same error

Regards,

Qadir

agangaiah
14-Alexandrite

Hi Qadir,

Were you able to resolve the Auto Configure failure issue. Please let me know as I am currently face the same error here.

Thanks,

Avinash

Hi Avinas , yes i resolved this issue. Try to setup Thingworx studio in open network,you won't get any error.It is proxy issue.In the companies, due to security reasons the a lot of URLS are blocked because of that our Thingworx studio can't access those URLS(for eg. ExperienceService Url). Try to set it up in home where there is no issue related to blocking of URLS. If you still face after doing this, let me know.

zguanhua
1-Newbie

Hi,

I have already approved with my Welcome to the ThingWorx® Studio Trial, But where can I get my  Experience Server Url and the 3 thingmarks,I did not see it .

if you know about it this ,please help me ,thanks a lot

ankigupta
5-Regular Member
(To:zguanhua)

Hi Zhao Guanhua​,

Open ThingWorx Studio Home page and on Top Right; you will see three Dots (...).

It will configure your Experience Service URL and will also download the ThingMarks which you can use in your Project.

To confirm; go to ... -> Settings. Default ThingWorx Experience Service URL should show the Experience Server URL.

I hope it helps.

I did not receive Experience Url with the welcome email. What should I do now?

dupatel
19-Tanzanite
(To:piyush10)

@piyush10  You can follow  steps mentioned in Ankit's response above  to auto configure Studio.

" Open Vuforia Studio Home page and on Top Right; you will see three Dots (...).

To confirm; go to ... -> Settings. Default Vuforia Experience Service URL should show the Experience Server URL."

Note: This helps in Auto configuration of Studio Trail instances.

-Durgesh 

@dupatel Thanks for quick reply. Auto configuration on home network worked for me. 

Top Tags