cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

iMonnit Cloud extension sensor services returning no results

mfelton
1-Newbie

iMonnit Cloud extension sensor services returning no results

Hope someone here has some experience with this extension!

All of the services return values except the ones relating to the sensors (all the useful ones).

As far as i can tell my Monnit account is set up correctly as i can get information about my gateway & network, anyone else had this issue?

The services also execute with no errors, just return empty infotables.

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:mfelton)

Antony Cyriac​ could you please provide any feedback/information on this?

acyriac
5-Regular Member
(To:posipova)

Stephen Fresta , can you comment on this?

stephenf
5-Regular Member

Hi Matthew,

Can you try executing the service "SensorNameGet" with just the SensorID of one of your sensors?

It should return an infotable "result" with the value of the name of the sensor.

The extension seems to be working for me so far, I have just tested (what version of Thingworx are you on?)

Thanks for the fast replies guys,

I can get the name returned through that function, the services that return empty tables for me are:

SensorChartMessages

SensorDataMessages

SensorGet

SensorGetCalibration

SensorGetExtended

SensorList

SensorListExtended

SensorNotificationList

All i want to do is get a list of the sensors, and then when one is selected, display its current value and then a graph of its last 20 or so values. So far i can get the network information & the gateway, while good its not exactly the point of what i want to do!

I'm using Thingworx 7.1 PorstgreSQL version.

Thanks

stephenf
5-Regular Member

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for that information. You're right, it seems like there was a recent update to the API that is rendering some services unable to obtain data back from iMonnit servers.  I am seeing the same thing.  The services return null, which is what you're getting, when the API call gets unusable information back from iMonnit.

The extension will require an update.

We will put this on our plates right now -- but I cannot give you a timetable at the moment. Thank you for bringing it to our attention and sorry that it isn't working for you. I will keep this thread updated when we find out more.

Okay that's fine,

I made a work around where i got each individual sensor and populated an infotable from that.

Not the most efficient, but it works.

The error seems to now lie in the way the XML is presented in response to the REST call leaving Thingworx unable to interpret it properly.

This thread may help when it comes to updating the extension, particularly the last comment Rest API XML producing empty infotable

Thanks

stephenf
5-Regular Member

Thanks for that link. The Extension's service actually is using JSON, but the principle would be similar.

I'm glad you got a work-around in place; fortunately their REST API is easy to access, but I would hope we have the full extension working again for you soon.

I am experience the same problem. What function did you use to read data messages and notifications in your workaround? I only get empty resultsets when fetching values.

Top Tags