cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

problems while rotate the model

lliangjb
1-Newbie

problems while rotate the model

How to locate the rotation center of the model ? when I rotate the model with a sliderBar,it moves, and just ran out of the bounds.I also encountered the same problem while i trying  to zoom the model.

I'm seeking for your help,thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:lliangjb)

Is this a ThingworxStudio question?

katte
1-Newbie

Ju Bin Liang​ I guess you might be defining a large angle variation to rotate the model. I would suggest to make sure for the Slider 'step value' as low as possible so that the model rotates doesn't run out of bounds.

Thanks,
Giri

Thanks for reply.

When I place a model and a thingMark,and set them at the same location (0,0,0), there is a great distance between them.Is this could be the cause?

when I drag a model widget to the canvas,and set the model location as 0,0,0.then I import a PVZ file,the location changed to 459,-5680,-4180.Is there something wrong with my model file?

katte
1-Newbie

I see that, the location shift might deal with the concerned PVZ file properties. Is it Bluepump 3D model? Did you try using a different 3D model or PVZ file?

chcote
6-Contributor

When selecting the source file for a Model widget, Studio will ensure that the center of the bounding box of its geometry will align with the original placeholder, i.e. placing it where you originally intended.

In order to do this, it is possible that it may need to move/shift the model based on its coordinate system. This is entirely dependent on how the model was authored. The blue pump example is once scenario where this occurs, and your example seems to be the same. In both cases, the 0,0,0 of the model's coordinate system is not the same as the center of the geometry/bounding box.

There is nothing technically wrong with this, it simply means that one must adjust it in Studio.

Top Tags