cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

AR model floats above marker

ahunt1
1-Newbie

AR model floats above marker

How do I ensure that my AR models are anchored to the marker when they appear? Every model I've tried to use appears to be floating 'feet' above the marker that spawns their appearance. I have to rotate my phone from the table in front of me to the space over my head to see the model on screen. I've followed the tutorials and have used models from 3 different sources so I can only assume there are some settings that I'm missing somewhere.

My expectation is that unless I change the position of the marker to the model, esp in the Y-axis, the model should appear atop the marker.

I've attached a screen grab showing the best I've been able to accomplish by refining scale and position of the model. The model still appears to be 2-21/2 feet above and to the left of the marker.

Thanks,

Andy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
katte
1-Newbie
(To:ahunt1)

@Andy, Besides adjusting the coordinates of the Model widget, I would recommend to adjust the position of the ThingMark widget. The view app takes the reference of the position of the ThingMark and displays based on it. Also there is a feature 'Mate', which is best for positioning the thingmark. please follow the below screenshot:

-Giri

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
posipova
20-Turquoise

giriMichael Neumann​ might be able to help with this.

katte
1-Newbie

@Andy, Besides adjusting the coordinates of the Model widget, I would recommend to adjust the position of the ThingMark widget. The view app takes the reference of the position of the ThingMark and displays based on it. Also there is a feature 'Mate', which is best for positioning the thingmark. please follow the below screenshot:

-Giri

ahunt1
1-Newbie
(To:katte)

Thanks Giri. It feels like I'm on the right path with Mate. I'm following the tutorials found at ThingWorx Studio Tutorials and FAQs and I haven't seen anything on that feature. Is there any reference material you can point me towards?

Andy

Top Tags