cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Error when trying to add a new Property on a ThingShape

mbereket
3-Visitor

Error when trying to add a new Property on a ThingShape

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to add this new property (simple number field) to an existing ThingShape, but then when I click "Save", it says:
"save failed, status: Internal Server Error message: Import Failed: An Entity Name Must Be Provided"

Anybody has an idea of what this error actually refers to?

Thanks,

5 REPLIES 5
tkawasaki
15-Moonstone
(To:mbereket)

Hi Mustafa

I see the error below when I try to import a corrupted XML file to Thingoworx.

"Error importing: error, Import Failed: An Entity Name Must Be Provided"

I'm not sure why you see the message "Import Failed" when editing the existing ThingShape in UI.

Do you not see any extra message when hovering the mouse over "To Do" button?

If there are more information in Application Log, it might be helpful to find out the cause.

Thanks,

Takaaki

ankigupta
5-Regular Member

mustafa bereket

This seems some strange error. It should actually not show as we are not importing anything.

Is this Thing Shape in use by any other entity? Try taking an export of all entities which are dependent on this Thing Shape; then delete those entities and then try to make the change in the Thing Shape.

Then reimport it back.

Also, you can try to restart your tomcat to avoid any caching issue.

I hope it helps.

I think restarting tomcat is a good idea,

exporting-deleting-reimporting sounds like a hell of work since we have so many dependencies to this specific shape. But I will try restarting the tomcat first.

Thanks

posipova
20-Turquoise

Do you have any spaces or special characters in the property name or in the thing shape name?

I do believe that I have gotten rid of all the white-spaces and we forced user (through UI) not to input anything with white-space ever since then. But just in case, I will take a quick look to see if there s anything with white-space.

Thanks

Top Tags