cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

To find dotnet SDK version

rkandasamy
1-Newbie

To find dotnet SDK version

Hi Team,

We have downloaded dot net SDK assemblies from thingworx market place and forgot the version that we have downloaded but started using thingworx-dotnet-common.dll.

So is there anyway to find out to which version this file belongs like SDK 5.0 or 5.6 like that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tkawasaki
15-Moonstone
(To:rkandasamy)

You're right. I just downloaded old versions by myself and checked Details tab.
I'm not sure if the information below helps your situation but you might be able to guess the version you're using from "Data modified" information in the Details tab.

• ThingWorx-DotNet-SDK-5-0-1-103 : "Date modified" in the Details tab shows "2014/06/20 13:59"
  • ThingWorx-DotNet-SDK-5-5  : "Date modified" in the Details tab shows "2015/03/31 16:47"
  • DotNet-SDK-5-6-0-549  : "Date modified" in the Details tab shows "2015/09/17 23:24"

It appears that DotNet SDK newer than DotNet-SDK-5-6-0-549 has correct version information in Details tab.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
posipova
20-Turquoise

You should have a "version" text file within your SDK downloadable.

I understand your inputs Polina. But we lost the folder from where we took the thingworx-dotnet-common.dll and have no reference to that version.txt.

All we have is thingworx-dotnet-common.dll referred in our SDK. So just wanted to understand, if there is a way to find out the version from thingworx-dotnet-common.dll by running any command/script?

tkawasaki
15-Moonstone

You can see the version info in the Details tab of the file property.

1. Click right mouse button on the thingworx-dotnet-common.dll and select Properties

2. Select detail tab in the property window

3. Product version(File version too) tells which version you're using

Takaaki

Hi Takaaki,

I have downloaded Latest thingworx dot net SDK 5.6.5 from thingworx marketplace and i am able to find the product version for thingworx-dotnet-common.dll as you mentioned, where as in old SDK that i have download from market place earlier, i am getting the product version as 1.0 for the same file  but i think actual SDK version was around to 5.0. I could not find it correctly.

Note: In 5.6.5 dotnet SDK, i could not find product version for twAPI.dll.

tkawasaki
15-Moonstone

You're right. I just downloaded old versions by myself and checked Details tab.
I'm not sure if the information below helps your situation but you might be able to guess the version you're using from "Data modified" information in the Details tab.

• ThingWorx-DotNet-SDK-5-0-1-103 : "Date modified" in the Details tab shows "2014/06/20 13:59"
  • ThingWorx-DotNet-SDK-5-5  : "Date modified" in the Details tab shows "2015/03/31 16:47"
  • DotNet-SDK-5-6-0-549  : "Date modified" in the Details tab shows "2015/09/17 23:24"

It appears that DotNet SDK newer than DotNet-SDK-5-6-0-549 has correct version information in Details tab.

Thanks for your prompt reply Takaaki. In my case "Date modified" in the Details tab shows "2014/06/20 13:59".

I guess we are using ThingWorx-DotNet-SDK-5-0-1-103.

In our case "Date modified" in the Details tab shows "05/10/2016 12:00". Please let me know if that is available in any other version.

versionDetails.jpg

Top Tags