cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Events router

tcoufal
12-Amethyst

Events router

Hi Guys,

On Thingworx 7.4 there is a very handy little widget called Events router.

This widget should be bundled in every TW version, obviously it is not.

Did someone reverseengineered that into a standalone widget?

Do you know if it will be available as one?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
ankigupta
5-Regular Member
(To:tcoufal)

Tomas Coufal​,

I think currently the answer is No. I would suggest you to open a case with PTC support to open an enhancement request to provide it as a Standalone widget for previous versions.

Other option could be to copy the widget folder from the ThingWorx 7.4 exploded folder i.e. <ThingWorx_Tomcat_Home>\webapps\Thingworx\Common\thingworx\widgets\eventsrouter and use it to create your own widget for previous versions.

Hi Tomas,

Which it's the purpose of EventsRouter? I didn't had time to give a shot on 7.4

Carles

tcoufal
12-Amethyst
(To:CarlesColl)

Hi Carles,

I know you would ask

Well, it brilliantly solves my issues when I wanted to route more widget's (or service's) outputs to one input parameter in one service. Which is not possible normally. I always made some workarounds (more services invoked by more buttons for an example a concat the output.). Events router let you define many inputs and their types and it has one output with trigger on change.

Needles to say this is a must have Widget.

Must have for sure! I supposed it was about this, but just to confirm

tcoufal
12-Amethyst
(To:CarlesColl)

Dropbox - EventsRouter.zip

Standalone version of that extension. Localization tokens are replaced with hard coded text)

Enjoy

Top Tags