cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

location as mashup parameter

pjoly
11-Garnet

location as mashup parameter

hello

I'm using a navigation button to navigate to another mashup with 2 types of parmeter

- one type number

- one type location

I have no problem to get the number in the new mashup but not the location (to test I pass it to a GooglePicker widget)

I noticed a strange URL for location parameter, I don't know if my problem is linked :

MeteoMashup&PositionMeteo=%7B%22latitude%22%3A48.81944444444444%2C%22longitude%22%3A1.8883333333333334%2C%22elevation%22%3A0%2C%22units%22%3A%22WGS84%22%7D&value=15.7

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
qngo
5-Regular Member
(To:pjoly)

Hi, I tried and had the same problem, the location from the tooltip mashup is not passed to the new mashup and the URL appears as you said.

About the navigation widget, when I set the property TargetWindow to something else than "New", as Replace / Popup / Modal Popup / Full screen, it works !

It's a bug I think.

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
posipova
20-Turquoise

Could you please provide the details or your mashup entity to demonstrate your bindings/logic?

Have you tried passing through session variable (just as an alternative solution, if the mashup parameter problem confirms to be a bug - it needs to be fixed).

posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:posipova)

I have just confirmed that my parameters with location type are also passing properly via a regular mashup parameter method.

pjoly
11-Garnet

hello

thanks a lot for your time and  tests.

Do you have also a "strange" URL in your mashup URL for location parameter (but I think you tested with a popup so you cannot see) ?

My logic is in 3 steps and 3 mashups  and perhaps it can create the issue

1/ I have a first mashup with a google map widget in which I put my things (markers) using GetImplementingThingsWithData

2/ this widget has a popup (tooltip)  mashup when I put the mouse on a marker with some parameters (including the ThingName) and in this popup (tooltip) mashup I have a navigation button to open a new mashup (meteo)  as a new page. I get the location with GetProperties under a DynamicThingTemplate (and I fill some other widgets correctly with this method)

3/ This new mashup as a location as parameter and a value; value is OK, location not ....

Hope it is clear (this is a 3 steps tests with mashup parameters transmitted each time)

posipova
20-Turquoise

I sent you a direct message.

pjoly
11-Garnet

Sorry not easy to explain with words.... I'll put some images ;-)

yes from the tooltip mashup I want to open a third mashup (in a new window) using a navigation button  ("météo")  with the  location as parameter :

(the google location picker is to test)

when I open it I do not get the location in a widget despite I can see the location in the URL (and I cannot use this location into the mashup associated services)

I can get the value (=15.7)

mashup=MeteoMashup&PositionMeteo=%7B%22latitude%22%3A48.928333333333335%2C%22longitude%22%3A2.0327777777777776%2C%22elevation%22%3A0%2C%22units%22%3A%22WGS84%22%7D&value=15.7

posipova
20-Turquoise

I'm still unable to reproduce. Please see the entities attached. I hardcoded the property value for the thing, just fyi.

testlocation3 is the main mashup with the googlemap. navigationmashup is the tooltip mashup. destination is the last mashup.

pjoly
11-Garnet

Thanks Polina,

I'll look at you exemple.

As  you successed to transfer location parameter to 3 level of mashups I should have something wrong somewhere.

Also I'll study "session variables" I have not used up it to now (the tool is soo rich ;-) )

posipova
20-Turquoise

pjoly
11-Garnet

Hello

I tried to import your example but I have following error :

"Error importing: error, Import Failed: Thing Thing1 has an invalid thing template [TestThing]"

Perhaps because you are in 7.4 and I'm in 7.3 or one Template is not in the zip  ?

Regards

qngo
5-Regular Member

Hi Polina, I created a generic ThingTemplate TestThing to import the entities. The mashup "destination" still uses the session parameter and bind it to the Location Picker.

pjoly
11-Garnet
(To:qngo)

hello Quang-Dung Ngo

You mean I need to used a session variable to transmit the location between the mashups instead of using mashup parameters ?

(I have studied the technical notes recommanded by Polina Osipova​ and it seems not too complicate to implement)

Thanks

qngo
5-Regular Member

You can pass location by mashup parameter but it doesn't work with Navigation widget "Target window: New". If it's a bug, then using the session parameter is an alternative solution.

qngo
5-Regular Member

Hi, I tried and had the same problem, the location from the tooltip mashup is not passed to the new mashup and the URL appears as you said.

About the navigation widget, when I set the property TargetWindow to something else than "New", as Replace / Popup / Modal Popup / Full screen, it works !

It's a bug I think.

pjoly
11-Garnet
(To:qngo)

The same for me

it works fine with "popup" for example (the location parameter is transfered to the new mashup and services are well executed)

I'll use that by waiting as it is simple (and it makes the job)

I guess Polina will open the bug report in the tracker or should I open it ?

Regards

posipova
20-Turquoise

Could you please provide your versions of thingworx, java, tomcat? Have you reviewed the entities I have attached? Perhaps I am missing something, but with the "new" target page from a tooltip mashup, my locations gets passed.

pjoly
11-Garnet

hello

ThingWorx 7.3.2-b42

/tomcat8/8.0.33

java -version>

java version "1.8.0_111"

Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_111-b14)

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.111-b14, mixed mode)

for your entities ;

I tried to import your example but I have following error :

"Error importing: error, Import Failed: Thing Thing1 has an invalid thing template [TestThing]"

Perhaps because you are in 7.4 and I'm in 7.3 or one Template is not in the zip  ?

posipova
20-Turquoise

No, it's because I hurried and forgot to attach a template I used (which I actually didn't need to use at all). I'm reattaching here. However, I was able to reproduce the issue in 7.3.2 and I created a Jira,  PSPT-3535. Thanks for finding this!

pjoly
11-Garnet

I was able to reproduce the issue in 7.3.2

you mean it is Ok in 7.4 ?

Pascal

posipova
20-Turquoise

For the session variables, to sum it up - you can create a ThingShape with all needed properties added to it, then go to the UserManagementSubsystem and add the ThingShape in the configuration tab. Then in your mashups, you can click on the "session" tab and bind the variables. It will carry on through the mashups.

pjoly
11-Garnet

nice feature to know !

thanks

Top Tags