cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

C sdk quick start

pghosh
4-Participant

C sdk quick start

Hi all,

I was walking through c sdk quick start guide from developer dashboard & got stuck at step 3 where after making necessary changes in main.c source file I needed to rebuild by issuing make command. I am using windows & as per instruction using vc++ build tools on it. The problem is make command is not available in my environment but there's one nmake & I am not being able to figure it out how to use the same. Can anybody help? Thanks in advancce

Thanks & Regards

Projjwal Ghosh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
pghosh
4-Participant
(To:supandey)

Figured it out. Thanks a lot to Mr. Bill Reichardt for his post Using the C SDK to Deliver Data to ThingWorx from a Raspberry PI. I bypassed TLS & used visual studio express to build the solution 'coz there was no Cmakelists.txt file as I downloaded the sdk from c-sdk quick start walk through page.

thingworx_c_sdk_win32.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
supandey
19-Tanzanite
(To:pghosh)

Hi Projjwal, what you need is cmake installed, makes it quite easier to work with all those make commands. You can get the MSI version for windows from CMake

Hope this helps.

pghosh
4-Participant

Hi Sushant,

Thanks for the reply. I am on it as you mentioned here. In the mean time, If you have exact Cmake command line statement to be used with this example case, kindly share. The same would be very much appreciated

Thanks & Regards

Projjwal Ghosh

supandey
19-Tanzanite
(To:pghosh)

Projjwal, I'm not sure at which specific point you're on in the guide but I believe the guide has all the required steps on building the application. You can check the Building an Application Ch-6

pghosh
4-Participant

Figured it out. Thanks a lot to Mr. Bill Reichardt for his post Using the C SDK to Deliver Data to ThingWorx from a Raspberry PI. I bypassed TLS & used visual studio express to build the solution 'coz there was no Cmakelists.txt file as I downloaded the sdk from c-sdk quick start walk through page.

thingworx_c_sdk_win32.png

Top Tags