cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Delete a thing in rest api without changing Platformsubsystem

emadar
5-Regular Member

Delete a thing in rest api without changing Platformsubsystem

Hello, I'd like to perform changes using the Rest API, but it seems I need to change the PlatformSubsystem and enable Allow Request Method Switch.

I'd like to perform my changes without enabling that (security issues), and I've seen on the thingworx tutorial that this option was depreciated.

How could I do that?

Thanks!

Elie.

6 REPLIES 6
ankigupta
5-Regular Member
(To:emadar)

Hi Elie Madar​,

You can actually create a custom Service to delete the Thing and call that service using REST.

Try using a POSTMAN for the REST call.

emadar
5-Regular Member
(To:ankigupta)

The problem is I cannot access rest API without enabling "Allow Request Method Switch" in the platform subsystem. It gives me an error of forbidden access.

The same goes for importing an extension or a file.

ankigupta
5-Regular Member

Which ThingWorx version are you on. Allow Request Method Switch should not have impact on REST calls from POSTMAN.

It's false in my local instance and I am able to make REST calls via POSTMAN.

Does the user trying to invoke the service have Visibility/Runtime Permission for that Service?

emadar
5-Regular Member

Hi, I'm on Thingworx 7.4. I specify Administrator/admin user so it should actually work

emadar
5-Regular Member

After more inquiries, it seems this is the "Filter Content Type" option that blocks my rest calls.

ankigupta
5-Regular Member

What is the value of the Content-Type parameter in your rest call?

Top Tags