cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Passing the values fom TWX to .Net page?

bmarimuthu-2
1-Newbie

Passing the values fom TWX to .Net page?

Hi!!!

I have my reports in TWX 5.3 . If I click something, that click on value or the entire row has to be passed and updated as well in .net page.

How could I make this possible?

9 REPLIES 9
ankigupta
5-Regular Member
(To:bmarimuthu-2)

Hi Bavithraa Marimuthu​,

Does your .Net page support REST; if yes then you can create a custom service which takes the Row as input and POST the data to your page.

You can use POSTJSON snippet for the same.

I hope it helps.

Thanks,

Ankit Gupta

Ankit,

Could you please explain in detail?

I have created my own service named 'myservice"  using the snippet POSTJSON.

Then what are all the changes should i do?

Please enlighten me.

ankigupta
5-Regular Member

Hi Bavithraa Marimuthu​,

In the Service:

Input as Row. Convert row to JSON type and use POSTJSON to post the data via REST.

For help on ContentLoader functions please check: ContentLoaderFunctions in ThingWorx

In Mashup:

Bind the Row as Input to the Service and call the service on click of Button by Binding the click event of the Button to the Service.

Do let me know if face any issue.

Thanks,

Ankit Gupta

To make rest calls to .net page, is  postman mandatory?

Hi Bavithraa, no Postman is just a tool to assist you for checking the REST calls validity, and can save you lot of time in debugging your REST calls - its not must, and you are free to use any other if you like.

ok sushant. Are there any options available for TW automation testing?

No this is not available out of the box.

ankigupta
5-Regular Member

Hi Bavithraa Marimuthu​,

I talked about POSTMAN because my first question was does your .Net Application supports REST calls.

ThingWorx can make REST calls to external applications. As Sushant mentioned POSTMAN is tool for making REST calls.

Can you please first confirm that your .Net Application supports REST calls. If the answer is yes; only then my suggestion to POST would work.

Top Tags