cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Composer loading forever

mfelton
1-Newbie

Composer loading forever

So i just reinstalled Thingworx 7.3 Postgres. This is running on a VM and the Composer loads correctly from the web browser in the VM.

When connecting from my physical machine, I can connect to the Tomcat page, however when loading the composer it just loads forever after getting the jsessionid.

This was fixed initially by opening an incognito tab, however this no longer works. I've also tried Internet Explorer and chrome.

Any help is appreciated as we want to have access for a few users in multiple locations and need the composer to load!

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:mfelton)

The only thing I'm seeing in the new logs is this  "Server WebSocket closed unexpectedly and has already been unregistered from Server Endpoint" as if you have edge devices.

Do you have any type of security/ssl setup /firewall that might be the problem when reaching your vm from a local machine?

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
supandey
19-Tanzanite

Hi Matthew, have you checked the tomcat logs for more info? Do you have HTTPS enabled? I think it could also be worth checking the debugger tool from the web browser at the Network section to see if it's somehow getting blocked.

ankigupta
5-Regular Member

Hi Matthew Felton​,

In addition to what Sushant said please also check the ThingWorx Application logs.

I checked these myself, and i cant see anything that indicates a problem, hopefully you guys can spot something?

supandey
19-Tanzanite

Matthew, are you running Tomcat 8.5.11? (it's not yet officially supported) Additionally are you seeing this on all the web browsers available on your machine? Is there a reverse proxy configured on the VM? I think it could be worth a try checking the Network in debugger window (F12 for Chrome) just to see if there are any errors on the network itself

So i checked the network, there doesn't appear to be any errors but Combined.7.3.3-b67.20170320.031054.00743.js isn't finishing? I have also attached the HAR file for you to view.

I've been running this version of Tomcat for a while & this is the only connection issue ive had, This setup worked perfectly with Thingworx 7.2 H2, so I think its unlikely a tomcat issue?

posipova
20-Turquoise

Matthew, in your logs I see you are running [server = Apache Tomcat/8.5.11]. Our product is not supported with 8.5 tomcat, only 8.0.x, where X is at least 33. Typically it wouldn't work with any 7.x platform version, but even if it did with 7.2, that's more of a rare exception to the rule. Additionally, please note that  8.0.39 and later versions of Tomcat sometimes use an extra pair of curly braces in the responses and in result, the thingworx application might be unstable as witnessed  on multiple occassions. We strongly recommend to stay within 8.0.33 and 8.0.38 range (per our document guide, tomcat 8.0.33 was the one we tested with).

Please downgrade the tomcat and report back if the issue still persists.

Okay, installed now with Tomcat 8.0.33 and same problem still persists?

posipova
20-Turquoise

Do you have Kinex installed? If so, did you install it as an extension? Do you have Kepware on the same machine?

Also could you please attach a screenshot of your Tomcat Java tab configuration.

Yes Kinex is installed, as an extension, Kepware is on a seperate VM.

posipova
20-Turquoise

Judging by the logs, the problem is with Kinex as the rest of the system starts up/initializes fine.

Milan Thakker​ could you please provide some inputs on this?

I just reinstalled Thingworx without importing Kinex and still the same issue, I don't think Kinex has anything to do with it??

posipova
20-Turquoise

Could you please provide the new logs?  Also I'm assuming this is Chrome. Does this happen in a different browser too?

Done & yes this is using chrome, also tried IE, both behaving the same.

posipova
20-Turquoise

The only thing I'm seeing in the new logs is this  "Server WebSocket closed unexpectedly and has already been unregistered from Server Endpoint" as if you have edge devices.

Do you have any type of security/ssl setup /firewall that might be the problem when reaching your vm from a local machine?

Yeah, it would seem that this is the case, unfortunately there's nothing i can do about it currently, I created another VM and can connect to the composer fine with that, so it must be a firewall problem.

Thanks for your help anyway!

Top Tags