cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Google Fonts cut off at top with Font Label

nmilleson
17-Peridot

Google Fonts cut off at top with Font Label

When I use fonts like RaleWay, RawWay, Roboto, and even Helvetica, the numbers and letters are cut off at the top.  This is especially apparent at larger font sizes:

11 REPLIES 11
posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:nmilleson)

What Thingworx version, tomcat, java are you using and in what OS, browser?

Could you please provide steps to reproduce/which widget are you using?

ThingWorx 7.3.0-b51

I have an email out to our admin regarding Tomcat and Java versions

OS is Windows 7, browser is Chrome 56.0.2924.87

Another thing I've noticed is when I enter the text in the Mashup Composer, the text is visibly above the upper border of the widget.

Steps to reproduce:

Upload ttf file to media entity

Use a Font Label widget and designate the ttf font media entity as the source url

Select a Style Definition that specifies a large (72 pt) font

Type text, save, and view Mashup

posipova
20-Turquoise

As per the Marketplace note,

SUPPORT

This item has been tested and certified by ThingWorx to successfully work with the ThingWorx platform, however this item is not currently supported by ThingWorx. By utilizing this item you acknowledge that the content is provided in ‘as-is’ condition and support will not be provided.

Understood.  I'm wondering if anybody else has encountered this issue and whether or not they were able to solve it.  Thanks

ankigupta
5-Regular Member

Hi Nick Milleson​,

I am just wondering if you have already tried to increase the size of the label widget so that the Displaying text does not go out of the label Box. I mean increasing the vertical size i.e. height.

I did try that. It doesn't shift the text down at all.

posipova
20-Turquoise

I tried with 72 size, one is Raleway, doesn't seem to be cutting off for me.

Any chance you could send me your Raleway ttf so I can try it out on my platform?  Thanks

posipova
20-Turquoise

It's  whatever popped up first on my google search :-)

Thank you.  I tried another one as well and it's a bit better.  Here's screen shots of how mine look in composer.  It appears that when the default font is used, there is some padding at the top.

This is the ttf you sent me:

Another Raleway font

Roboto Condensed Bold

RawWay

posipova
20-Turquoise

Seens like it's a problem with certain fonts. As I've said, unfortunately this extension is no longer supported so we cannot provide a definite solution for this. Sorry

Top Tags