cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Unable to authenticate via LDAP from platform 5.0 SP1

sdinh
6-Contributor

Unable to authenticate via LDAP from platform 5.0 SP1

I was just able to install 5.0SP successfully.  After imported data from our old development server I was not able to log into our DEV area using active directory.  We have two LDAP objects and both are enabled.  Tomcat has been restarted. 

Security Log Entry:

Authentication attempt #1 FAILED for /user = com.thingworx.security.users.User@2c9a7578: Invalid Password

6 REPLIES 6
adam11
5-Regular Member
(To:sdinh)

Hi Sinh,

Are you seeing any other errors in the Application Log? Also, are you able to authenticate using your ThingWorx credentials?

sdinh
6-Contributor

No error in the application log.  Yes. I'm able to log in using Thingworx credential.

ryanm1
1-Newbie

Sinh, 

We added an "Enabled" flag for Directory Services in 5.0. Please make sure this checkbox is selected on the General Information screen for the Directory Service.

Thanks.

gouimette
5-Regular Member
(To:ryanm1)

Partner Callisto created something for LDAP integration with ThingWorx...worth a look, Duke Sullivan is their current partner manager within PTC. Duke Sullivan

Callisto’s extension is for Active Directory (AD).

gouimette
5-Regular Member
(To:dukes)

Thanks for the correction....given the integration options for AD and LDAP, maybe a better ThingWorx integration option would be something like Okta?  Maybe Callisto can look into that?  If the opportunity is large enough, this is something an SI could tackle as well.

Top Tags