cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

ConfigurationTable with InfoTable

kbuss
6-Contributor

ConfigurationTable with InfoTable

Hi,

I'm trying to put an InfoTable into a ConfigurationTable of my custom extension. But when I upload it to the ThingWorx platform no DataShape is available for the InfoTable, so I nothing can be inserted. The DataShape is on the ThingWorx server.

The Code looks like this:

@ThingworxConfigurationTableDefinitions(tables = {

@ThingworxConfigurationTableDefinition(name = "Config", description = "", isMultiRow = false, ordinal = 0, dataShape = @ThingworxDataShapeDefinition(fields = {

@ThingworxFieldDefinition(name = "list", description = "", baseType = "INFOTABLE", ordinal = 0, aspects = {

"isEntityDataShape:true", "dataShape:testShapeInf" }) })) })

When I add a property with baseType INFOTABLE it woks fine, but not with the ConfigurationTable.

Has anybody experience with this?

Thanks,

Keijo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jkaczynski
4-Participant
(To:kbuss)

Hello Keijo Buss​,

A little bit late, but I found an workaround. You need to create your own service that will add the records to this nested InfoTable - and after that, you need to re-apply the DataShape to this InfoTable, as below:

// we are adding a row to our nestedInfoTable here...

// and then:

DataShapeDefinition dataShape = ((DataShape) EntityUtilities.findEntity("DataShapeName", ThingworxRelationshipTypes.DataShape)).getDataShape();

nestedInfoTable.setDataShape(dataShape);

configurationTable.SetInfoTableValue("ConfigTableName", nestedInfoTable);

Hope this helps to all of you having such a problem.

Regards,

J.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ankigupta
5-Regular Member

Keijo Buss​,

I can also reproduce this issue. I will report it to R&D Team.

Thanks,

Ankit Gupta

jkaczynski
4-Participant

Hello Keijo Buss​,

A little bit late, but I found an workaround. You need to create your own service that will add the records to this nested InfoTable - and after that, you need to re-apply the DataShape to this InfoTable, as below:

// we are adding a row to our nestedInfoTable here...

// and then:

DataShapeDefinition dataShape = ((DataShape) EntityUtilities.findEntity("DataShapeName", ThingworxRelationshipTypes.DataShape)).getDataShape();

nestedInfoTable.setDataShape(dataShape);

configurationTable.SetInfoTableValue("ConfigTableName", nestedInfoTable);

Hope this helps to all of you having such a problem.

Regards,

J.

placatus
5-Regular Member

The issue only appears when the configuration table has isMultiRow set to false. If you set isMultiRow to true, then the issue no longer appears. Here is an example:

@ThingworxConfigurationTableDefinition(name = "Config", description = "", isMultiRow = true, ordinal = 0, dataShape = @ThingworxDataShapeDefinition(fields = {

@ThingworxFieldDefinition(name = "list", description = "", baseType = "INFOTABLE", ordinal = 0, aspects = {

"isEntityDataShape:true",

"dataShape:testShapeInf"

})
}))
})

However, this causes the composer to display the configuration differently, which may be unwanted.

Another much better alternative is to use a separate Configuration Table for the Infotable property, and declare it inline.

Something like this:

@ThingworxConfigurationTableDefinition(name = "Config", description = "", isMultiRow = false, ordinal = 0, dataShape =
@ThingworxDataShapeDefinition(fields = {
@ThingworxFieldDefinition(name = "username", description = "", baseType = "STRING", ordinal = 0),
@ThingworxFieldDefinition(name = "pass", description = "", baseType = "PASSWORD", ordinal = 1)
})
)
@ThingworxConfigurationTableDefinition(name = "List", description = "", isMultiRow = true, ordinal = 0, dataShape =
@ThingworxDataShapeDefinition(fields = {
@ThingworxFieldDefinition(name = "element1", description = "", baseType = "STRING", ordinal = 0),
@ThingworxFieldDefinition(name = "element2", description = "", baseType = "STRING", ordinal = 0)
})
)
})

This would cause the UI to look something like this:

test.png

kbuss
6-Contributor
(To:placatus)

Thanks for your answers.
For me the approach of Jakub Kaczynski​​, that you manually apply the DataShape to the ConfigurationTable, works fine. You just have to save the ConfigurationTable and restart the Thing by calling the methods:

this.SaveConfigurationTables();

this.RestartThing();

This works also when isMultiRow is set to false.

I also used your suggestion, Petrisor Lacatus, using a separat ConfigurationTable just for the InfoTable, with isMultiRow set to true.

Top Tags