cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Problem connecting Analytics Builder with Analytics Server Instance

hmendezsordia
2-Guest

Problem connecting Analytics Builder with Analytics Server Instance

I'm having trouble connecting the Analytics Builder with Analytics Server Instance. My analytics server instance is running in a virtual machine (using VirtualBox), on the same computer that I have Thingworx installed on (including the Thingworx analytics extension).

This is a screenshot of the ip addr command of the server in the virtual machine.

It's working, and I can do requests through Postman to the server.

However, when I try to introduce the same parameters to the Analytics Builder, and click "Check Configuration", nothing happens.

How can I manage to connect the ANalytics Builder to the Analytics Server instance?

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3

Hi

Is it possible that you post:

-  a screenshot of Help > About from ThingWorx to confirm ThingWorx version

- a screenshot of Import/Export > Manage showing the version of the ThingWorx Analytics extension components

The extension is quite sensitive to version compatibility so that woudl be a first thign to check.

Also in the screenshot of Builder > Settings, the two buttons Verify Configuration and Save are greyed out, did you try to click in different fields in the page or outside some field ? Initially this is the situation, but by clicking somewhere else in the page that activate the Verify Configuration button.

What browser are you using and can you try with a different one ?

Thanks

Christophe

Hi Christophe:

This is the screenshot of Help -> About:

This is the screenshot of Manage Extensions:

Yes, the buttons are initially greyed out, but when I fill the form, they become active. As soon as I click Verify Configuration, both buttons become disabled again, and I have to go to the Models or Data tab and return to the Settings tab. The form is reset, and I have to fill it again in order to enable both buttons again.

However, when I click Verify Configurations, nothing happens (other than the buttons getting disabled).

I have tried with Chrome and Internet Explorer, but the same thing happens.

Thank you

Hector

Hi Hector

Officially the ThingWorx analytics extension 52.2 has only been tested with ThingWorx 7.2.4 and we do get issues when other versions are being used.

I cannot guarantee that this is the reason here but since it is easy to change I would advice to switch to ThingWorx 7.2.4 as a next step:

- download ThingWorx 7.2.4 for the same db provider you are currently using

- stop tomcat

- delete the content of <Tomcat>/work folder

- move <Tomcat>/webapps/Thingworx folder and <Tomcat>/webapps/Thingworx.jar in a directory outside Tomcat loadpoint (as a backup)

- copy the Thignworx.war from the 7.2.4 media into <Tomcat>/webapps/ folder

- restart Tomcat

Then try again

If you still have the problem could you provide the OS version and browser version you are using on the client machine ?

I saw also that you opened a case to Technical Support, so we may have to wait for the outcome of this too.

Thanks

christophe

Top Tags