cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Formulas in streams?

apineda
1-Newbie

Formulas in streams?

Hi,

I was wondering if ThingWorx supports an automated column defined by a formula akin to adding formulas to columns in Excel tables.

I have data in raw forms such as voltage but I would like to convert these values to something more meaningful like temperature, barometric pressure, flow rate, etc.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
byutz
1-Newbie
(To:apineda)

Hi Alister,

I have not seen a way to put a formula in a stream directly, but you could write a service to do a calculation everytime a stream entry is made.  You could have the service add a column and make your calculation.

apineda
1-Newbie
(To:byutz)

That's basically what I have done so far. It would be nice to have something more dynamic in case the expression changes for whatever reason.

The other way around, it's to make a service which executes the stored or in service formula, and returns the new columns, attached to current stream entries, you just need to AddField and/or use Derived functions.

Carles.

Top Tags