cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Click event on widget Linkn

emadar
5-Regular Member

Click event on widget Linkn

Hello, I need to transfer some data to a session parameter when I click on a link. How can I perform that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
qngo
5-Regular Member
(To:emadar)

The Link widget doesn't have en event Clicked to bind out. You could use a Button widget with the Link widget (set to invisible in this case). When the user click on the button, execute the service SetGlobalSession..., then call the service Navigate of the Link widget.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
supandey
19-Tanzanite

Hi Elie, have you already reviewed the default services available under Resources > Current Session Info

Are they not sufficient for your use case? If not, could you please expand on that use case.

emadar
5-Regular Member
(To:supandey)

Hi Sushant, the problem is more about having an event on a link widget or something like that. Let's say I click on a link widget, how can I trigger one of those function?

supandey
19-Tanzanite

Did you try the Event trigger directly on the service setting the global session values, I haven't yet finished testing it yet but you can check if this helps

emadar
5-Regular Member
(To:supandey)

Thanks for your answer, I'd like to do it the other way:

First you click on the link,

Then put the mashup name (or pass the parameter) to the new mashup.

supandey
19-Tanzanite

Sorry I kind of not explained there, so what I basically did is used a Link widget and then i am configuring the event triggers on the service which is getting invoked as Link is clicked. So it kind of follows the same chronological order as your requirement, isn't it? Or have i still got it wrong?

I'll try finish testing this out and come back.

qngo
5-Regular Member

The Link widget doesn't have en event Clicked to bind out. You could use a Button widget with the Link widget (set to invisible in this case). When the user click on the button, execute the service SetGlobalSession..., then call the service Navigate of the Link widget.

emadar
5-Regular Member
(To:qngo)

Thank you that was what I was doing till now, I wanted something cleaner but it seems there isn't yet.

Thanks for your answers !

Top Tags