cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Data upload from thingworx foundation to analytics builder

achaube
7-Bedrock

Data upload from thingworx foundation to analytics builder

Hello,

i am trying to send data from thingworx composer to thingworx analysis for which i found two ways suggested in the forum from which

1. is by using data connector

2. custom supplementation

would like know how the data will be send using the custom implementation as i don't have dataconnector as i am using the trail version of thingworx foundation and analytics .

please provide any document for the same.

sharing the link from which i got the above info .

How to use DataConnect when sending property values from the ThingWorx platform to ThingWorx Analytics.

6 REPLIES 6
ttielebein
12-Amethyst
(To:achaube)

Hello, first, have you checked the ThingWorx Marketplace for the extension you need yet? You may be able to download it there, even as a trial user, though I am not sure of that. Secondly, if you want to build a custom extension, please see the ThingWorx Extension Development Guide for details.

Hope this helps!

Hello ,

Thanks for replying ,i saw the marketplace the data connector is not available for the same .

and for custom implementation i have gone through the guide of ThingWorx Extension Development Guide  but they not not clearly mentioned about transferring data from thingworx foundation to analytics builder ,so please can you share any document or tutorial for the same.

Regards ,

Amar Chaube

supandey
19-Tanzanite

Hi Christophe Morfin​ not sure if you saw this already, would be helpful to get any hints you might have on this. Thanks!

Hello ,

The link which you suggested ,stays that how to add new data to already existing dataset in analytics builder,

whereas what i am trying to do is ,the data whcih is coming from raspberry pi to thingworx foundation in the properties of things ,want to record that data into the logs /valuestream and then send this dynamic data to analytics builder for predcition models.

Want to upload dynamic data to analytics builder from thingworx foundation without the use of dataconnector .

cmorfin
19-Tanzanite

Hi Amar

From the scenario you describe, DataConnect would indeed be a useful tool here.

If you do not have access to it, you can try to build some custom tool but I do not have any example for that.

What is important to note is that ThingWorx Analytics Server only accept a csv file as input for data, coupled with a json file that described the metadata.

So if you have data coming from a Rasperry PI and stored into the ThingWorx Platform, you will need to create a service to extract those data and store them into a valid csv file for ThingWorx Analytics Server. You will also need to create the appropriate json file for the metadata.

Then you can use ThingWorx Analytics Builder to create the dataset within ThingWorx Analytics Server or use the ThingWorx Analytics Extension directly from your mashup if you need to streamline this.

Hope this helps

Christophe

ddas
1-Newbie

Hi Amar,

Were you able to find out a solution around it.

I do have a similar scenario .

Regards,

Debdatta

Top Tags