cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Studio not executing services on Composer

rpalmer
1-Newbie

Studio not executing services on Composer

I have an experience I am building in Studio, and am calling on services on my Composer server to change properties of a thing (in short: click a button, execute a service for a thing, change a property value on that same thing). However, when I run the experience, the services that are supposed to execute are not executed. I know I have it set up correctly because I tried this method on another server and it works perfectly fine. Unfortunately, I can't have the experience tied to that server at all. I was thinking that the problem is because my experience doesn't have service execute permissions on my server, however I followed all of the instructions here to set up es-public-access since my server did not already have that user setup. After following all of those instructions, however, I still have had no luck getting those services to execute (this also may not even be the issue at all because I still have the same problem even when I require authentication to launch the service instead of making it public).

Is there anything else that I can try to get services executed on my server?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ankigupta
5-Regular Member
(To:rpalmer)

Rachel Palmer​,

Try to preview the experience in the browser; and check network logs. It might help you to find the Root cause.

Also, is reading Property from ThingWorx working?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ankigupta
5-Regular Member

Rachel Palmer​,

Try to preview the experience in the browser; and check network logs. It might help you to find the Root cause.

Also, is reading Property from ThingWorx working?

This image is what I get for network. Switch and ShowMount are the names of the services I'm trying to execute. There are no console errors/warnings related to the service execution. And yeah, it's reading properties from Composer just fine. It's only having issues with service execution as far as I can tell.

ankigupta
5-Regular Member

Auto Refresh of properties was not working.

Gave a workaround to use the result of service instead.

Top Tags