cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

tooltip mashup binding problem

jlee-71
1-Newbie

tooltip mashup binding problem

Hello Expert,

My tooltip mashup doesn't connect the mashup's parameter.

Is it an binding problem?

pastedImage_0.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:jlee-71)

You should connect it via a custom service.  To add mashup parameters, on the lefthand side of the mashup design view, click on "workspace" then select "mashup", then click on the small triangle on the main view and do "ad Parameters". Then drag and drop the output of your services onto the appropriate mashup parameter.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
posipova
20-Turquoise

Could you please clarify what exactly you are trying to do or steps to reproduce?

If you are trying to pass parameters to your tooltip mashup from the main mashup, that wouldn't work. You'd need to pass the parameters either through the contained mashup or navigation/link mashup.

You may create mashup parameters in your tooltip mashup and then bind them either to a service or session variables.

Hello Polina

Thank you for your answer.

Then, where I can use mashup parameters?

And I am trying to create an tooltip mashup on the google map widget.

posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:posipova)

For a binding example please refer to this thread location as mashup parameter

In that thread, in the message from Mar 31, 2017 9:30 AM, I attached an example Entities (3).twx.zip

Thanks.

You mean that importing an example Entities (3).twx.zip on the thingworx composer?

posipova
20-Turquoise

Yes

Thank you Polina

But Still I cannot connect tooltip parameter.

I want to use mashup parameters to show Truck Name, Driver Name, Speed and Brakes.

What's the matter on my connection?

posipova
20-Turquoise

You should connect it via a custom service.  To add mashup parameters, on the lefthand side of the mashup design view, click on "workspace" then select "mashup", then click on the small triangle on the main view and do "ad Parameters". Then drag and drop the output of your services onto the appropriate mashup parameter.

Top Tags