cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

How do I get the standart Grid widget that appears in the Mashup Builder?

aelgov
1-Newbie

How do I get the standart Grid widget that appears in the Mashup Builder?

I can't find it in the market place or to get it from the composer

I use TWX version: 6.6.9

I want to enhance this widget a bit

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
jamesm1
5-Regular Member
(To:aelgov)

The code for the TWX widgets can be found in the tomcat directory where TWX is installed. for the grid widget, this would be \tomcat8\webapps\Thingworx\Common\thingworx\widgets\dhxgrid

aelgov
1-Newbie
(To:jamesm1)

I don't have access to the TWX folder it is hosted and I don't have direct access, Where can I get it?

AnnaAn
13-Aquamarine

If you want to customize this widget, you could install Thingworx of your own on another server which you have access to the Tomcat folder just for copying purpose. The widget should be under <TOMCAT_HOME>\webapps\Thingworx\Common\thingworx\widgets\dhxgrid like @James McCuen mentioned. Remember you modify on basis of the existed widget but you should develop it as an extension and import into Thingworx with a different name(replace all possible places that used "dhxgrid" ).

Thanks,

Br,

Anna

aelgov
1-Newbie
(To:AnnaAn)

After I finished all the modification I need to do where do I need to search "dhxgrid" in order to change the name to a different one?

Do I need to search in the content of all the files or just the file names?

ankigupta
5-Regular Member

Hi Assaf Elgov​,

You can download the ThingWorx.war file from PTC.com product download page.

Extract the war file to get Thingworx folder. Now navigate to Thingworx\Common\thingworx\widgets\dhxgrid.

I have also sent this folder to you on your email from ThingWorx 6.6.9

Do let us know if you still face any issue.

ankigupta
5-Regular Member

Hi Assaf,

I will suggest you to not make any changes in the original folder placed inside the war file. Copy this folder to some other place and use it as base for your custom enhanced version of Grid and import it as a new extension in ThingWorx.

Top Tags