cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Model Tags in Thingworx 7.3

rkharyal
5-Regular Member

Model Tags in Thingworx 7.3

I have installed Thingworx 7.3 on a laptop with Windows 10. In the Applications under Model Tags, there is an issue. I added a term in the Applications Vocabulary and later wanted to edit it, which is not possible, instead what I had to is delete the term and add a new term in place of it. But before doing this I had removed all the tags of that term from all the entities tagged with it. Still the tag persists in the tagging option of the entities, even though it is neither visible in the vocabulary nor is it visible from the REST API.

REST APi view.jpgApplications Vocab.jpg Non-existent Tags.jpg

15 REPLIES 15

I met this problem before, the only thing I could think of is a Ghost entity. You could try to restart the Tomcat or search for Ghost entity cleaning tools in the Market place

AnnaAn
13-Aquamarine
(To:zyuan1)

Thank you Ryan for your quick reply!

Dear Rahul,

Could you please have a try to download the Ghost cleaner from Marketplace and see if the term will be permanently deleted?

Please let us know it it works for you.

Thank you.

AnnaAn
13-Aquamarine
(To:rkharyal)

And, this is the Ghost Entity Cleaner download link:

https://marketplace.thingworx.com/Items/Ghost%20Entities%20Cleaner

Thanks,

rkharyal
5-Regular Member
(To:AnnaAn)

Thank You Anna,

I will surely what you and Ryan have suggested and will let you know if it worked. Thanks for the link as well

AnnaAn
13-Aquamarine

Hi Rahul,

How about your issue? Is the Entity Ghost Cleaner work for you?

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you,

Br,

Anna

rkharyal
5-Regular Member

Hi Anna,
Thanks for your concern regarding the issue I am facing. I downloaded the Ghost Entity Cleaner extension and I see that it has a lot of services, one of which is "GetGhostEntities". I tried running that service, but it doesn't return any result. There is no service to execute the deletion of any ghost entity. But there is one service, which helps us delete the tag from the vocabulary and even that doesn't work. It shows nothing wrong while deleting the tag from the vocabulary, but the term still exists in the vocabulary.

Thanks

ankigupta
5-Regular Member

Hi Rahul Kharyal​,

Did you get a chance to restart your Tomcat to avoid any caching issues?

AnnaAn
13-Aquamarine

Dear Rahul,

Please consider Ankit's advice to restart Tomcat to have a try, if still not work, this is probably a bug.

I reviewed our R&D Jira system, and there are quite several Jira requests similar to your issue, could you confirm if it's similar issue to you or not?

If it's same issue, I will continue to follow the Jira with R&D to ask any progress regarding this issue.

Jira request 1:

Jira request 2:

Thanks,

Br,

Anna

rkharyal
5-Regular Member

Hi Ankit Gupta  & Anna An

So here's what I have tried and the results to them (after I made sure that I have deleted the Tag from the Vocabulary):

Restarted Tomcat Server
Manually Deleted the Catalina folder which holds the Cache for Tomcat Server, while the server in Stop Mode

Checked if Tag was existing in Vocabulary - As it was the situation earlier too
Tested GetGhostEntites Service - No results, as usual
Tested RemoveTags Service - Tag pops up in the suggestion but shows an error on execution as it is not existing in Vocabulary

Tried adding Tag to another Entity, which gives this error message, but the tag is still available in suggestions, as soon as I start typing its initial letters. Still no result in Ghost Entities

rkharyal
5-Regular Member

Tag was not existing in Vocabulary after I delete it, only available in suggestions while adding another tag.

AnnaAn
13-Aquamarine

Hi Rahul,

Apparently that this term should have been removed from the vocabulary successfully because you execute service  Tested GetGhostEntites and it returns no results.

Also from the Vocabulary(Applications in your case) you could manage the terms and add the new term with the same name to the older one, which means there should be no ghost entities or else it will not be allowed to give the same name to an existed term, so Ghost Entity Cleaner would not work in your case.

So, the issue here is the term is removed, but from the popup suggestion no matter when you assign a term to an Entity or when you try to execute RemoveTags it still shows up a non-existing term. I suppose some reference for vocabulary to a term is still there, but it should be removed too.

I believe this is a bug here and I could also reproduce this issue on ThingWorx 7.4.

If you like, I would like to open a Jira for your issue and will let you know if any feedback from R&D.

Please advise,

Thanks,

Br,

Anna

AnnaAn
13-Aquamarine

Hi Rahul,

I checked our Jira tickets history again and this is a recognized bug; unfortunately it will be fixed in ThingWorx 8.0.

Please check this article on our support website introducing this issue:

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS241429&lang=en_US

Hope this helps,

Br,

Anna

rkharyal
5-Regular Member

Hi Anna,
          Thanks for your efforts, for now, whatever is being done about the issue already, let's hope this issue gets resolved in the next version 8.0. But I still have a hunch that it can still be added from the magic picker in the earlier version, maybe not in 7.3, maybe in 7.0 or 7.1, let me still check it and get back to you later on this.

Thanks

AnnaAn
13-Aquamarine

Dear Rahul,

Do you have any further findings or issues related to this topic? Please don't hesitate to let me know.

If currently no further issue discussed here, please mark correct answer or helpful to any post that helps you and we could temporily close this issue.

I will let you know when ThingWox 8.0 is released and you could check if the issue is gone.

Thanks,

Br,

Anna

rkharyal
5-Regular Member

Hi,
My apologies for late response, and yes I was right about it, I'm using TWx 7.3 on my laptop and yes it allowed me to add a model tag that did not exist in the Applications Vocabulary, more so it even lets me save the entities like Things or Thing Shapes with a non-existent vocabulary term and the term that has already been deleted magically appears in the vocabulary after the entity gets saved. Now, I don't know if this really differs from machine to machine. So, do I need to restart Tomcat and go through all such processes again as and when I need to Completely prevent an entity from being saved with a non-existent term. Hope the Jira ticket raised resolves all this.

Thanks for all your concerns Anna

Thanks & Regards

Top Tags